Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Annual bikini hunt

(9 Posts)
SorrelForbes Sat 08-Mar-14 11:41:47

Last year I bought this bikini from Hoola (I chose the ruched bottoms). Shape wise it's perfect but the top is a teensy bit small now.

So, can anyone help me find something in a similar shape in a 30GG/12? This is going to sound very fussy but it must be a halter neck but the straps need to come from the side of the cups (like the Hoola one) and not the top.

TIA.

Gawd, you're a right fussy bint ain't ya!

SorrelForbes Sat 08-Mar-14 11:52:07

Have we met? wink

In my defence, my boobs are particularly picky about the way they are hoisted up!

I am tempted to order a EM one in a CHP cut or get DSis to order it as I'm banned but I want a halter neck one too <pouts>

Bravissimo with spots
more plunging bit still a proper halter. Cobalt is nice

There are a few in Debenhams gorgeous which only go up to a G, but given their tendency for ridiculously small bands they could be worth a try here, and here

Lastly, not halter necks but Cleo has brought out a couple of bikinis which are based on the Juna so might be worth considering given that's a major favourite! here's one, and another, not found it in stock but is made up to an H

They are also bringing out a seriously retro longline bikini - jecca

Curvy kate have a whole bunch of halters. Normally they would be a disaster for you, and I tried one of their balconette ones and yup, wires round to the back! But...I wonder if it might be worth trying as I think the different strap position and the fact it's being pulled inwards by the halter might mean a halter isn't as wide? this is pretty

one more this only goes up to a G, but every freya bikini top I have every tried has been massive compared to their bras. Always needed to size down in the cups...

SorrelForbes Sat 08-Mar-14 13:05:32

Thanks, loads to look at there!

I quite like the Cleo Lucille moulded balconette and might order one to see what it's like on. It'll probably be a perfect fit!

Alas, the straps on the first Freya and the Curvy Kate ones are in the position I don't like, coming from the top of the cup. Ideally I want a bandeau strapless shape with halter straps (hard to please, me?) as they seem to suit my shape. I've quite a wide chest above my bust line and need the straps to sit right at the edge of my torso if that makes sense?

The Freya Showboat is pretty perfect but not sure on the colour. I can't wear orangey reds. I think I might order it in a 30G and see what it's like in the flesh.

noddyholder Sat 08-Mar-14 13:07:06

I have black hoola or had dp gave to charity shop :0 I am after something supportive but don't really want that pointy wired look. Am an E cup.

Ah by top of the cups I thought you meant the bandeau type where they have just stitched a pathetic strap to the top of the cup

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now