Talk

Advanced search

What look will take me from day to evening?

(11 Posts)
cherriesblossom Sat 08-Mar-14 09:00:56

I have a rare full day off! (Well need to drop kids off & do some housework this morning but anyway..)

I will meeting my friend to see an exhibition at 2pm,will probably have coffee with her after then will have some time to do some shopping etc before meeting DH in a fancy place for a birthday dinner.we have been together a Very Long Time but have never been to a fancy place before so this is a Big Treat & I want to make the most of it/look nice..

But i can't really go home in between as its too far away & don't want to look OTT for meeting my friend during the day. also she is quite short & i would feel abit odd if i wore heels as i don't like 'towering over' people. Sorry if that sounds weird,just feel abit self concious in heels as i rarely wear them- though i could take them with me?

The kind of clothes i have are skinny jeans with low boots/flats/casual jumpers or tea dresses/little cardies/smarter stuff/ballet flats for work. Not really many dressier tops tbh.I have some fancier dresses (wedding/evening wear appropriate) which i think would be nice to wear for a change but then they are not suitable for daywear unless i take an outfit with me to change into?but then would have to lug daywear around when am trying to be fancy this evening?! Argh!

Other option is to forgo housework this AM & go shopping?! grin

Arrgggghh i feel like a teenager with nothing to weeeeaaar!

Waswondering Sat 08-Mar-14 09:08:35

Simple. Forego housework. Go shopping.

cherriesblossom Sat 08-Mar-14 09:35:51

I think i love you waswondering!

But what to buy?

Waswondering Sat 08-Mar-14 09:55:05

Ah, I'm not so good on that. But .... Could you buy something fab, leave at shop, go back after you've met your friend to collect it and change .... Then don't lug new gorgeous clothes around London all day ...

Chewbecca Sat 08-Mar-14 09:55:12

A dress that works with some comfy shoes and a cardi (you already own probably ) that can be dressed up for the evening with heels, a necklace, a bag and fresh make up?

cherriesblossom Sat 08-Mar-14 10:11:43

That sounds like a good plan chewbecca.Just gonna get my eyebrows done & pop to local boutique to see if they have anything suitable.will report back x

Waswondering Sat 08-Mar-14 18:01:45

Do update us op. Have a fabulous night.

cherriesblossom Sun 09-Mar-14 09:19:15

Thanks so much for your help yesterday!
In the end I wore stuff I already had- I did find quite a nice dress in the local boutique but Towie-type woman too push and thought £50 too much for an outfit I won't get much wear from!

I wore a navy paisley print dress tea dress dressed down with brouges & a chunky cream cardie in the day.After my friends went home I got my hair curled in a mall grin changed into heels, removed cardy & added some lipstick gold earrings. it was quite a dressy place but I didnt feel underdresed iykwim?

Such a lovely day/evening ..and highly recommend this gorgeous place..very romantic!

www.closmaggiore.com/mobile.aspx

Waswondering Sun 09-Mar-14 14:58:23

Yay! So glad it worked out for you. smile

Chewbecca Sun 09-Mar-14 18:03:33

Outfit sounds perfect, restaurant looks perfect, glad it all worked out.

cherriesblossom Sun 09-Mar-14 20:16:03

Thanks to you both,you were a great help xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now