Talk

Advanced search

Loving Rimmel Colour Rush lipstick crayon thingy

(16 Posts)
Deathwatchbeetle Fri 07-Mar-14 14:06:53

Loving it even more now a search of a MAC dupe for their sea sheer lipstick came up with Rimmel Colour Rush in Not an illusion!!!! For some reason my local Boots does not stock that shade but Superdrug does!

QuinnFabray Fri 07-Mar-14 17:09:26

Yes! I love this too. The nicest formula I've tried out of lots of lip crayons, and this colour is so flattering. It looks like nothing, a boring browny rose colour, but is the most flattering lip colour I've ever tried. I bought mine in Boots, and like it so much I've got two back ups. This is very unlike me, I'm usually very fickle about lip colour.

Bunbaker Fri 07-Mar-14 17:12:45

I love the look of it. Is it a subtle colour once on?

QuinnFabray Fri 07-Mar-14 17:18:45

Can be applied so it's subtle, or more strongly. Works both ways. I would never normally go for a shade like this. I normally go for bright pinks and corals. Was just a complete fluke, and now I wear it most days. It goes with everything.

Cheesymonster Fri 07-Mar-14 17:36:48

I've got drive me nude. Does anyone know how the two shades compare please?

DaftSkunk Fri 07-Mar-14 18:49:29

Ooh might have a look at this tomorrow. Thanks for the tip!

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Fri 07-Mar-14 19:01:54

I'm wearing the no 7 version, really like it, much nicer than a gloss.

Bunbaker Fri 07-Mar-14 19:02:50

What is the no 7 version called?

LoveVintage Fri 07-Mar-14 19:13:20

Looked up Not an Illusion, love the colour. What sort of finish is it - matt/sheer etc?

QuinnFabray Fri 07-Mar-14 23:00:36

Not matte or sheer. Smooth, slightly glossy, quite opaque, balm-like. I like to blot mine down to a stain and it's very long lasting.

knitknack Sat 08-Mar-14 07:34:36

I love this too, I'm a redhead so finding lip colours is tricky but this is perfect. A very similar colour but stronger and more Matt is their Kate miss range in '19'

Weirdly I went a bit funny on sat and bought the bright coral one and it's actually lovely! Will be great for summer.

Deathwatchbeetle Sat 08-Mar-14 11:29:01

I bought three of the Not an illusion one!

LoveVintage Sat 08-Mar-14 21:23:07

Ah that's interesting. I am a redhead too knitknack so will definitely give it a go.

Dawndonnaagain Sun 09-Mar-14 16:57:01

I bought a Rimmel 'Stay Blushed' recently (Pop of Pink, I'm olive) it's brilliant and obviously less than half the price of benetint etc.

DaftSkunk Sun 09-Mar-14 17:01:57

I bought not an illusion yesterday and have tested it this afternoon and I'm really pleased with it. I don't normally wear any lip colour but I like it.

cheesy I quite like the look of drive me nude, how did you find it?

Handyshandy Mon 10-Mar-14 16:27:46

Love the not an illusion. I have been wearing a Liz Earle lipstick which has been discontinued so i am delighted i have found a lovely new colour at half the price. Thank OP

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now