Talk

Advanced search

Anyone had tattoo removal?

(2 Posts)
Hotmad Fri 07-Mar-14 08:54:55

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with tattoo removal, I have a small black ink one on my arm that I had done 10 yrs ago (yes my mum was right) I would now like removed if possible. How many sessions might it take by laser? Cost?? Thanks guys

cardamomginger Fri 07-Mar-14 10:21:01

I am having laser removal on a black ink tattoo on my leg. It's about the size of my hand and, like your one, is about 10 years old.

I've had 5 sessions so far, which have taken about a year to complete. I have significant fade, and some small areas where the ink has disappeared completely, but it is still very much 'there'. The nurse who does the treatment says that this is an expected degree of fade after this may sessions and she is confident that it will pretty much disappear. No idea how many sessions, nor how long it will take though! I think it is the sort of thing that can't be rushed, because your body needs time to break down and get rid of the pigment after a session, so in some ways the longer you wait between sessions, the better.

I go to the Cadogan Clinic in Central London and pay £220 (or is it £250? - can't remember) per session. I don't know if that is a flat rate, or is calculated on the basis of the size of the tattoo.

I have also been recommended David Gault, again in Central London. I think he does the removal at the Lister Hospital.

I don't know what result I'll end up with and if I will be happy with it. I think a fully defined tattoo looks better than a half-faded one that's gone a bit blurry and blotchy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now