Talk

Advanced search

Holiday bag needed

(12 Posts)
Sleepyfergus Fri 07-Mar-14 08:34:10

We're off to France in June and I'm looking for holiday bag recommendations. It has to be a decent size, but not too big that Ryanair/Easy jet dismiss it as a handbag as I'm taking dd2s trunki as hand luggage. (She's still classes as an infant so doesn't get a hand luggage allowance)

Ideally, something summery, able to go across the body, big enough for purse, sun cream, couple of nappies/wipes, and other misc mum crap. Be good if there was a zip bit too.

I've looked at Cath Kidston and Boden but open to other suggestions. Max limit about £50.

ILoveWooly Fri 07-Mar-14 08:47:21

DH got me a lovely navy Joules satchel for our anniversary this week... sorry can't link or check price as on phone but it definitely fits the bill for everything you mentioned.

Ollie and Nic also have a good few bargains in their sale.

Sleepyfergus Fri 07-Mar-14 08:50:03

Thanks Wooly, will def check them out. I'm sure Joules has a 20% off at the mo too.

BumWad Fri 07-Mar-14 08:58:17

Check out the kipling bags on amazon

JeanSeberg Fri 07-Mar-14 08:58:31

3.bp.blogspot.com/-b3r55QTDe3s/UhlCm1ixyzI/AAAAAAAACwc/t-ahlHLDDQY/s1600/photo-1.JPG

I've got this Fossil bag. Lots of room inside and it zips all the way across the top.

Sleepyfergus Fri 07-Mar-14 10:26:36

Oooh, I like Jean!!!

JeanSeberg Fri 07-Mar-14 10:29:09

It's great, I'm very lucky that I have a very generous friend! I use it for all sorts of things and it's waterproof too.

PearlyGrey Fri 07-Mar-14 15:31:06

If you're taking the trunki as hand luggage then are you sure you'll be able to take a handbag? I've had a friend stopped with a bag this size in addition to her carry on bag, she wasn't allowed to board until she'd put it in the other bag as they wanted to charge her to check one in!
Otherwise, Gap have some nice tote bags that may work? Or maybe something like this, this or this?

Crutchlow35 Fri 07-Mar-14 17:51:37

There are nice holiday bags on the next website. I would suggest you double check about taking trunkis as hand luggage though. I know a friend had problems last summer but I can't remember which airline.

TarkaTheOtter Fri 07-Mar-14 18:03:44

I didn't think you could take a handbag in addition to hand luggage on budget airlines?

Sleepyfergus Sat 08-Mar-14 00:40:32

My SIL travels with Ryanair just about every week and she assures me you can take hand luggage and a handbag now as this has made her life (and packing) a million times easier. But I need to double check on theirs and the Easy jet website. I also read somewhere that they will both accept trunki as hand luggage as a 'goodwill gesture' even though strictly speaking they are 1mm (or thereabouts) outwith their strict hand luggage dimensions. But again will check as determined not to pay the thriving bastards them a penny more for hold luggage as it was bloody extortionate already for our hold stuff.

Thanks for suggestions though, will check them all over the weekend.

Sleepyfergus Sat 08-Mar-14 00:41:31

Thieving, not thriving (although they are because they are thieving)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now