Talk

Advanced search

Bad skin texture

(16 Posts)
WhisperingShadow Thu 06-Mar-14 18:34:35

I have large pores on my nose and orange peel skin on my forehead, which also look dehydrated.

My skin doesn't look firm either.

Can anything help me? I am 36 and until I had my DD (2) I was mistaken for 10 years younger. Now I look crappy.

WhisperingShadow Thu 06-Mar-14 20:14:07

Anyone?

WorkingBling Thu 06-Mar-14 20:16:58

Exfoliate and good moisterizer. Tone after exfoliate and consider a serum in short term. Worth going to a beauty counter for advice too

WhisperingShadow Thu 06-Mar-14 20:42:15

Been using Liz Earle, then Body Shop vit E serum and moisterizer but nothing makes any difference.

Am blotchy too.

missmagnum Thu 06-Mar-14 20:51:14

I found using a hot cloth cleanser helped the appearance, I was recommended a superdrug vit e one on here. Sorry if I'm stating the obvious but drinking more water and using a good moisturiser helped too.

Skivvywoman Thu 06-Mar-14 21:06:07

Only recently I've started washing my face with aquaeous cream then wiping with witch hazel at night and in the morning splashing face with water and using the witch hazel and it's made a huge difference to pores and face is so much smoother
(Thank you to the person who recommended thissmile)

HappyGirlNow Thu 06-Mar-14 21:12:19

Dermaroller

cerealqueen Thu 06-Mar-14 22:52:27

Avene Triacneal, and a dermaroller!

WhisperingShadow Fri 07-Mar-14 07:44:43

Dermaroller looks scary. Does it have needles on it? I can't even use an epilator.

FrugalFashionista Fri 07-Mar-14 07:58:07

You could also consider a Clarisonic or its cheaper alternatives!

chipsandpeas Fri 07-Mar-14 10:26:33

Derma rollers are great there are needles but it's not that sore nothing like a epliartor more like a pin prick

MrsFlorrick Fri 07-Mar-14 10:44:26

Retin a cream. Derma roller as someone else suggested above.

OCM. Oil cleaning method. Get rid of soapy foamy cleansers loaded with chemicals and toners loaded with alcohols and chemicals. OCM is much quicker and cheaper and will make your skin absolutely glow.
Don't bother with mixing with castor oil. I found castor oil too harsh and have me spots. Whereas jojoba, sweet almond, rice bran or hazelnut oils leave my skin beautifully soft.

MrsFlorrick Fri 07-Mar-14 10:45:29

Oh and obv sleep helps wink
And staying hydrated and eating well and cutting out sugar (she says wolfing down a Starbucks bun and coffee grin)

MadBusLady Fri 07-Mar-14 10:51:02

I am at this stage and home microdermabrasion has made a massive difference. I use the Olay kit once a week, got it off eBay, I have an idea you can't get it in UK shops.

Deathwatchbeetle Fri 07-Mar-14 13:05:59

Looks like the tool you use when doing a lattice top on pastry!

TheJumped Fri 07-Mar-14 17:08:13

Ditch the Liz Earle, it doesn't suit everyone. Sounds like you need to scale back your routine as your skin sounds irritated. Use a gentle chemical exfoliant instead, like Peaches and Clean from Soap and Glory at Boots. Follow with a simple nourishing moisturiser like Cetaphil. And at night, slather on Nivea thick blue pot cream or similar. I found hot cloth cleansing caused similar effects - Liz Earle in particular has ingredients which can cause sensitivity.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now