Talk

Advanced search

Hair Laser Removal

(10 Posts)
TheCrimsonQueen Thu 06-Mar-14 11:56:09

I have just booked in for 6 treatments (upper lip, chin and kneck) at the cost of �275.00 shock.

Please tell me it works. Having my first patch test tomorrow.

Hoping that I can give up waxing and threading particularly on my upper lip.

Thanks.

iloveweetos Thu 06-Mar-14 12:03:25

It worked for me. I need to go have a touch up. Been nearly two years since I last had one
Haven't looked back since!

TheCrimsonQueen Thu 06-Mar-14 12:41:30

Ilove thanks for your comment. I have fingers crossed that it will work. It will be nice to be rid of the hair to be honest. Since I had my boys the hair on my face has got darker and thicker and I am sick of it.

iloveweetos Thu 06-Mar-14 12:42:57

They say the thicker and darker the hair, the better it works? I'm asian and had 6 sessions and worked.
Do you know what laser you are having?

TheCrimsonQueen Thu 06-Mar-14 12:57:30

I'm not sure I know what laser it is. The website just refers to a laser light.

How quickly did you notice a difference? Did you have to wait before the hair started to fall out?

ELR Thu 06-Mar-14 13:03:37

I booked legs, bikini, underarm and face I have had two sessions on my face so far, upper lip I've noticed a big difference but chin and neck not really noticed a difference so a little disappointed as my chin is the worst area but Ive been told it takes longer so I'm hopeful it will work soon!
I've only had one session on legs, bikini and under arm and noticed a massive difference on legs, bikini is reasonably patchy and not sure about underarms can't tell really. It cost me £600 for 5 sessions in each area and then a further £45 for my own goggles, laser head and cream.

TheCrimsonQueen Thu 06-Mar-14 13:08:51

My chin and neck are my worst area too. I want to see how it goes and then if it is good I will get my whole face done.

iloveweetos Thu 06-Mar-14 15:46:29

Chin definitely took the longest to work as hair is thinner. Bikini line was amazing to get done. Worked the best there for me.
You sound like you're getting ipl. My sister got that and she was very happy with it.
One things I was going to say, would it be cheaper getting your full face and neck lasered as a large area rather than individually?

iloveweetos Thu 06-Mar-14 15:47:10

Oh wait just saw full face comment! Baby brain blush

Prettykitty111 Thu 06-Mar-14 16:06:33

I paid 1500 for 7 sessions of leg, bikini and underarm shr and after one session 90% of the hairs are gone. I went for my second appointment but we've had to delay it as nothing has really grown through! My mum had ipl a few years and it worked well but took a bit longer to see results and she has to have some top ups to get the last ones.
The darker the hairs are the better it works. If you are trying to get rid of fine hairs you may not see results for a few sessions. Also be careful of your skin care regime whilst doing it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now