Talk

Advanced search

Woolovers

(16 Posts)
Olddear Thu 06-Mar-14 09:17:55

Just got this catalogue thro' the post. Some nice things and not expensive, just wondered if it's good quality. Any one tried it?

madammecholet Thu 06-Mar-14 09:28:18

Yup, quality good.. ordered a few jumpers for family gifts etc..

SavoyCabbage Thu 06-Mar-14 09:31:14

I was looking on Woolovers too. I was confused by the different kinds of wool though.

Olddear Thu 06-Mar-14 10:23:45

Thanks for your help! Will order a couple of things I like....

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Thu 06-Mar-14 14:47:32

Very good quality.

HazeltheMcWitch Thu 06-Mar-14 14:54:01

What is the sizing like - I have heard that things tend to come up quite big/boxy on the waist - is that true?

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Thu 06-Mar-14 23:13:25

Each item had a size chat which tells you exactly the measurements of sleeves, length etc, also warns you if an item comes up big or small.

boogiewoogie Thu 06-Mar-14 23:29:50

Depends on the item re sizing. I am a size 8 normally and have a short sleeved silk cardigan in an M which fits just right with a camisole underneath without looking too fitted or loose. I have a tank top in an S which is about right when I wear a blouse underneath it. I have a cashmere/ merino v neck jumper in an s and that is about right too. Been lucky with sizing so far.

mcgilly Fri 07-Mar-14 02:40:48

I've bought quite a bit, happy so far especially with merino/cashmere mix. Do read the size guide for each product very carefully. Unisex products are big.

HazeltheMcWitch Fri 07-Mar-14 10:00:56

Ah, super - thanks!

iMe Fri 07-Mar-14 10:12:53

The silk and cotton combo is perfect for summer.

plasticbanana Fri 07-Mar-14 11:07:00

I've got a few cardigans from Woolovers - both the silk/cotton and cashmere/merino. I think they are very good quality for the price. However, their colour range leaves a lot to be desired - I long for the beautiful subtle colours of Brora.

mcgilly Sat 08-Mar-14 06:52:24

Yes a lot of the colors are very pink-based. But I think it is improving!

CuttedUpPear Sat 08-Mar-14 07:16:54

I have a few Woolovers jumpers.
They are great value for cashmere.

You might also want to invest in a bobble buster though. My Woolovers jumpers were getting really bobbly after a few months wear and I was considering chucking them out.

Then I got my bobble buster from Lakeland and now they are all lovely and new looking again!

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Sat 08-Mar-14 08:46:38

They do actually say they will get bobbly after the first wash and you need to pick them off or use a bobble buster then it'll be fine.

They also have a 3 month return policy iirc which is fantastic.

Flangeofmingetown Sun 09-Mar-14 07:25:49

The cashmere/ merino is worth while but the silk/cotton mix, in my experience, look tatty and faded quickly despite following washing instructions and using the right detergent.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now