Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Tried and tested non-comodogenic stuff

(11 Posts)
TeaJunky Wed 05-Mar-14 21:20:41

Fellow acne/break out sufferers may understand the constant search for good non-comodegenic products!

Please share your non-comodogenic make up reccomendations in particular as well as a good, non bitty non-comodegenic sunscreen (that won't break the bank) smile

lurkingaround Wed 05-Mar-14 21:23:35

cosdna.com is good for looking up ingredients of products and rates them according to their comedogenicity (made up word?). Handy if you've the patience.

TeaJunky Thu 06-Mar-14 10:14:39

Thanks for that lurking!

Just been having a little search on there, there's seems to a rating system of comodegenicity(grin) but no key? So have no idea how comodogenic a rating of 4 is, for example. Is it out of 5 or 10?

lurkingaround Thu 06-Mar-14 10:39:00

AFAIK it's a rating out of 5. So 5 is the most comedogenic, zero the leqast. There are a few surprises there.

alexheartbeauty Thu 06-Mar-14 13:44:30

Nars tinted moisturiser, Vichy dermablend and Chanel Aqua vitaluminiere are bases that have been recommended to me by a derm as being non comodegenic. I think the Obagi sunscreen is good but it's quite expensive. LRP and Avene do cheaper alternatives that i suspect are also non comodegenic

FrugalFashionista Thu 06-Mar-14 13:53:41

For me, Revlon Colorstay and most LRP Effaclar products.
In truth all moisturizers and sunscreens seem to clog my pores but I can live with Eucerin 5% urea, Chanel sunscreen fluid, Chanel Hydra serum and Anthelios.
Comedogenicinity rating 2 or up -> major cystic acne for me.

lurkingaround Thu 06-Mar-14 16:32:35

Oh yes the Chanel sunscreen is v low comedogenicity. And a v good sunscreen. Shame I can't stand the smell of it.

TeaJunky Thu 06-Mar-14 22:15:34

Yes it is quite surprising isn't it! My current foundation is 4 in one area blush

<mental note to go Boots on weekend>

The no7 beautifully matte foundation appears to be quite good, nothing higher than a 2.

TeaJunky Thu 06-Mar-14 22:16:39

Thanks frugal, I actually read somewhere else online that revlon colour stay was NC. Must check it out

JasmineL Sun 09-Mar-14 21:09:27

I get acne/ breakouts and use this list carlysbeautyworld.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/blackheads-and-spots.html

RonaldMcDonald Sun 09-Mar-14 21:20:35

I thought that the word was meaningless as no one sets the standard

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now