Talk

Advanced search

Latest delights from Long Tall Sally

(22 Posts)
Buffieorpington Wed 05-Mar-14 21:10:50

How is LTS still in business? What an unutterable heap of hideousness their latest catalogue is.

I give you these beauties ....

pictish Wed 05-Mar-14 21:11:49

Are those not pyjamas?
If not confused

RayPurchase Wed 05-Mar-14 21:13:00

I like the PJ bottoms.... blush

NoArmaniNoPunani Wed 05-Mar-14 21:13:24

Jesus, just what every tall woman wants

Buffieorpington Wed 05-Mar-14 21:19:59

Or a coral crochet cover up might be more your thing??

NoArmaniNoPunani Wed 05-Mar-14 21:26:19

I should be in the demographic for long tall Sally. I'm tall and I wear clothes. However their clothes all seem to be designed for women older than my mum.

tunnocksteacake Wed 05-Mar-14 21:29:43

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

themonsteratemyspacebar Wed 05-Mar-14 21:35:28

Im 6 foot and went on there for the first time the other day. A pop up questionnaire came up about their range and sizes. So i let rip.
So expensive (£50 for a pair of pj's?!) And the range is terrible. I genuinely thought it was hideous. It is made for a much older client.
I see far more younger tall women than older so i honestly dont see what their demographic is.
There is such a gap in the market but nobody seems to want to fill it. Two shops locally have taken out their tall ranges in the last few years, so its only online now for my clothes :-(

Sorry for ranting but it really gives me the rage!

tunnocksteacake Wed 05-Mar-14 21:48:51

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Longdistance Wed 05-Mar-14 21:57:27

Ffs that's hideous. I'm fed up to the back teeth of shit looking clothes for us tall women. I'm fed up of maxi dresses, I want a dress on or over my knee, not halfway up my arse.

I have big boobs and huge boats, so can you tell I hate shopping?

I emailed Debenhams the other day complaining that they need more longer lengths for us tall ladies. But looking at their range lately hmm

DorothyGherkins Wed 05-Mar-14 22:03:16

i dont know who they are trying to appeal to its all hideous, isnt it. And so expensive. I had two weddings last year, so I d thought I d push the boat out, get something from LTS. Struggled to find something classy and something which was a good fit. Ordered online, and sent it straight back. Didnt fit anywhere, the dresses were really shoddily made, and just foul. It seems such a wasted opportunity.

DorothyGherkins Wed 05-Mar-14 22:05:30

Looking at this season's Next clothes catalogue, virtually everything in there was listed with a Tall fitting. Anybody tried this? Or is their idea of tall 5ft 4" ??

Moltenpink Wed 05-Mar-14 22:19:41

Thanks for the fat face tip, not many places do 34in. 6ft tall shopping isn't always easy!

pinkflaming0 Wed 05-Mar-14 22:25:53

Next Tall can be good. I'm only 5'10" so their Tall trousers and maxi dresses are too long for me. I only need extra long but quite a few style seem to come in long (32") and tall (36") no XL (34").

Have a stunning (in a good way!) LTS dress from last summer - black/floral scuba body con. Great to have something fitted but not looking tarty because the hem sits at my upper thigh! I did have to take it in though as I'm an 8 and they only start at a 10 in most styles. Not good for tall and slim.

But, most of their stuff is vile.

Gap has expanded their Tall range - one of the few places that has.

pinkflaming0 Wed 05-Mar-14 22:29:48

Oh yes and why do LTS think tall ladies only want long below the knee dresses and skirts - short is actually harder to get right for us tall girls especially in something suitable for the office. Some of us want to show off our long legs but not (necessarily) in a pelmet.

Longdistance Wed 05-Mar-14 23:06:26

Gah, yes. They are expensive too. Bought some of there dresses before, they've been good quality and worth the money, but ATM they are really poor quality.

aoife24 Thu 06-Mar-14 00:51:39

LTS is jaw droppingly awful, frumptastic hideousness. I too can't understand how they are still in business. Thank goodness it's possible to buy decent tall clothes in 'ordinary' shops.

MrsCakesPremonition Thu 06-Mar-14 00:54:36

I own one thing from LTS. It is a black and white top for work. But it is too short in the body shock. I'm only 5'9", surely a LTS top should be long enough.

RonaldMcDonald Thu 06-Mar-14 01:06:18

I hate LTS
They are such utterly disappointing bastards

peasandlove Thu 06-Mar-14 07:58:09

if your budget can stretch to it it's worth checking out Armani Jeans at House of fraser or JulesB etc as their clothes are cut really long. I bought this dress a few months back and it fits perfectly (I'm 6ft) julesb

Passthecake30 Thu 06-Mar-14 08:58:55

Another 6fter here. Every season I end up getting pretty much all of the stuff that looks semi decent delivered from long tall Sally and Next, having a very depressing time trying it on and then send back

Last year I got a dress, jumper and 2 pjmama bottoms in LTS. Must've tried on about 50-60 items

Next is annoying me atm as I've always been a 12 and now they are swamping me..so I have to send back and pay for another delivery.stupid inconsistent sizing!

Passthecake30 Thu 06-Mar-14 09:00:46

Oh but my favourite jeans are the LTS Camden skinnies- nice and thick, not too tight and not belly hugging, I keep going back to them. .so they're not all bad!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now