Talk

Advanced search

Lipstick recommendations please.

(16 Posts)
sicily1921 Wed 05-Mar-14 18:29:00

Hi all, regarding not too pricey lipsticks (not more than £15 !!), which do you think is the best brand? If you do use an expensive one is there a big difference in quality? I'm using No.7 at the moment but thought maybe it's worth trying another brand. Thanks

MrsMeow Wed 05-Mar-14 18:33:34

I've spent ££ on lipsticks in the past, but now use Superdrug MUA lipstick for £1 each, with a decent lipgloss like Clinique over the top. I find with the MUA, as long as you blot and reapply it stays on for ages, especially the matte one.

MooMinCow Wed 05-Mar-14 18:55:06

I love MAC lipsticks for the sheer range of colours and finishes, but they seem to be steadily increasing in price every year hmm

I love Revlon lipsticks, especially the Super Lustrous line. Lovely pigmented colours in satin finish that don't dry out lips and only £7 I think. The newish Body Shop lipsticks are good too (and have a lot of MAC 'dupes'). Tried some of Topshop's lippies earlier and was impressed with them too.

I would love a Tom Ford lipstick but can't bring myself to spend £36 shock

ThonHoor Wed 05-Mar-14 18:56:56

MrsMeow beat me to it.

The MUA lipsticks are fabulous. So much so that I bought the entire range last week blush .

The formula and colour payoff is incredible for the price and the shades are so pretty. I've been wearing them every day.

idinnehaveaclue Wed 05-Mar-14 18:58:31

Superdrug MUA for £1 here too. Was ALDI at £2.99 before but they don't seem to stock it anymore... sad

DrMaybe Wed 05-Mar-14 20:47:51

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

babybarrister Wed 05-Mar-14 20:56:05

MooMinCow Wed 05-Mar-14 21:06:23

Why Babyb?

somedizzywhore1804 Wed 05-Mar-14 21:08:07

Rimmel moisture ones (in the purple tube). Loads of choice and they're moisturising too.

TheJumped Wed 05-Mar-14 21:25:55

Chanel Coco Rouge. Just the best IMO. Beautiful colours that make the rest seem dated. £23 ish though. But lippies last ages, so it's a real treat.

I like Revlon lip butters too, and have a couple of MUA ones.

cocobongo Wed 05-Mar-14 21:50:07

I second the Rimmel moisture ones, very nice and good colours. I also like the Kate Moss Rimmel ones.

Have bought lots more expensive ones (Clinique, MAC, Estee Lauder, NARS, etc etc) but I don't like any of them as much.

BrennanHasAMangina Wed 05-Mar-14 21:54:12

I love Benefit. They have some really lovely, natural colours and they're glossy...not dry at all.

babybarrister Wed 05-Mar-14 22:02:33

CockBollocks Wed 05-Mar-14 22:06:53

My favourite lippys are my chanel ones. Worth every penny.

Am going to try MUA though.

sicily1921 Sun 09-Mar-14 19:10:01

Wow MUA for a pound, have I read that correctly? shock thanks all x

TallulahBetty Sun 09-Mar-14 20:39:02

Yep just one English pound for the MUA ones and they are fab. I have 7 of the normal ones and 3 of the matte ones - all lovely colours and stay on well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now