Talk

Advanced search

Mascara recs?

(16 Posts)
Sangelina Wed 05-Mar-14 17:51:14

I'm in the market for a new mascara; not too speedy, lengthening and volumising if possible? There's so many and I can't afford to get it wrong! I used to use Max Factor 2000 calorie. Are they still good? That's the sort of price I'm looking at. Xx

Sangelina Wed 05-Mar-14 17:51:41

Spendy, even.

ThonHoor Wed 05-Mar-14 17:53:22

Max Factor 2000 Calorie is the best mascara on the market, drug store OR high end.

And I have tried them ALL.

BeerHunter Wed 05-Mar-14 17:58:47

I use Benefit They're Real. I really rate it. You should look at some of the images on Google, to see where one eye has been done and the other has nothing on.

Not too sure how it compares price wise. (I got mine on the aeroplane on the way back from our hols, so I think I got a good price compared to in the shops.)

ThonHoor Wed 05-Mar-14 18:01:01

I bought They're Real and hated it. The formula was watery and it have me serious spindly lashes.

I gave it away to my Mum.

The Dior mascaras are reliably good if you want to treat yourself.

BB01 Wed 05-Mar-14 18:08:39

Max Factor Masterpiece Max

CMOTDibbler Wed 05-Mar-14 18:13:51

Max Factor masterpiece for me too. I've tried so many others and been disappointed

Hoviscat Wed 05-Mar-14 18:14:16

I always come back to Max Factor False Lash Effect. I too have tried them all (including the Benefit one that I bought a few weeks ago and think is crap) and I think this one is by far and away the best.

LastOneDancing Wed 05-Mar-14 18:18:00

I put on a layer of Diorshow (which lasts ages) and a top coat of Max Factor masterpiece max (which lengthens and defines).

But out of the 2 I'd choose the Max Factor. I like the rubber brush much better.

WhereIsMyHat Wed 05-Mar-14 18:41:24

I really like the barbera daly one in a black tube from tesco. Beats the mac false lash type one I also have by far.

I have long dark eyelashes so just need definition rather than anything fancy so I find most too clumpy, claggy and annoying.

AuntieMaggie Wed 05-Mar-14 18:46:19

Rimmel London Lash Accelerator Endless Mascara

I tried the masterpiece max and I thought it was ok but didn't like it as much.

Aquelven Wed 05-Mar-14 19:29:13

I agree about Max Factor 2000 Calorie, brilliant stuff.

Amandine29 Wed 05-Mar-14 19:37:24

I always use Max Factor 2000 Calorie but I really want to try the other Max Factor ones now. My friend gave me Benefit's They're Real and I don't rate it at all.

Sangelina Wed 05-Mar-14 23:51:31

Thanks for your replies. I think I might stick with max factor then and check out pics of the effects online. I hadn't thought to do that!

Walnut8 Thu 06-Mar-14 05:45:22

Can't understand how you'd rate Max factor over Dior mascaras. Diorshow Iconic Overcurl is amazing. There is NO comparison. But I have sensitive eyes that really water with the MF ones & that may be why they flake as well. Ugh. I never pay full price for the Dior ones though.

Blueuggboots Thu 06-Mar-14 05:47:50

I use MF 2000 calorie too. I've not tried dior, but I did have a Chanel one from a magazine to try that was good.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now