Talk

Advanced search

Tops/t-shirts for very post baby belly

(13 Posts)
Brittabot Wed 05-Mar-14 11:45:49

Although I had my most recent baby over 2 years ago I still have a massive belly. Can anyone recommend a flattering non maternity make of top or t shirt? Thanks!

PrimalLass Wed 05-Mar-14 12:07:16

I often wear White Stuff or Fatface empire line tunics with skinnies. Both get slated quite a bit on here though wink I wear a Primark slimming vest underneath most days.

But have had a look and they don't seem as good this year - a bit voluminous.

PrimalLass Wed 05-Mar-14 12:09:26

However, at the mo I am wearing a lot of boxier tops with a longer vest underneath. These are flattering too.

teta Wed 05-Mar-14 12:56:10

I have a belly too( an IBS one - though often look pregnant).I wear long sleeved t shirts with a very long vest top underneath in a contrasting colour in winter) plus huge scarves wrapped round in Cashmere or Silk( t shirts and vests are from Matalan).In summer I usually wear slightly relaxed t shirts.Wrap and The White Company have several different styles that might be worth looking at.

LadyintheRadiator Wed 05-Mar-14 13:13:44

My youngest is 3 and I lost a lot of weight after her - I exercise a lot but am left with a jelly belly sad

I just wear vests under everything and try to buy high waisted jeans. Or like Primal says put something boxy over a vest. H&M do long stretchy vests for 3.99 and they wash well.

Flangeofmingetown Wed 05-Mar-14 13:18:59

Boden cut well for a bit of a belly. The best ones are their long sleeve Breton tops and their boat neck elbow length sleeve tops. They keep their shape well too. I am apple shaped after children with the Mum apron stomach issue.

I have also had some joy with a Next layered maxi dress this year. It has a floaty attached top layer and is very reasonable. I got it in the black (it is available in red and two toned blue too) and I know it is going to be a good all rounder this summer. The under layer is fitted (size down) so it skims and looks really flattering.

Flangeofmingetown Wed 05-Mar-14 13:22:43

here....

PrimalLass Wed 05-Mar-14 14:25:50

Ooh I like the look of that dress.

WholeLottaRosie Wed 05-Mar-14 16:37:33

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

formerdiva Wed 05-Mar-14 21:19:51

Agree with Rosie on the Phase Eight top - a lot of their tops and dresses do a miraculous job of hiding my belly.

Madamecastafiore Thu 06-Mar-14 03:27:33

I have loads from the White Co that hide a multitude if sins after having DC.

whereisshe Thu 06-Mar-14 07:10:30

Do you still have an abdominal muscle separation? If you have diastasis recti that might be causing the mum tum problem,.. A physio can recommend exercises to knit the muscles back together. In the interim m&s do control vests that are quite good.

Brittabot Thu 06-Mar-14 18:42:31

Some great suggestions - I do wear quite a bit of Fat Face and some Mantaray already, and am off to browse the rest. Thank you!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now