Talk

Advanced search

Non-Wired Padded Bras

(22 Posts)
Theonlyoneiknow Wed 05-Mar-14 10:34:35

Hi,

Can anyone recommend anywhere for decent padded (t-shirt type) soft bras?

Have tried M&S but they were pretty useless! Problem exasperated by the fact I have lost loads of upper volume after two pregnancies and breast feeding!

Thanks
TOOIK

treaclesoda Wed 05-Mar-14 11:55:08

Freya do one.

SorrelForbes Wed 05-Mar-14 12:04:21

Depending on what size you are, you may struggle to find anything non-wired that will prevent gaping/mono boob, especially with the loss of upper volume.

Have you tried measuring according to this?

WowOoo Wed 05-Mar-14 13:01:08

I find the choice is really limited for non wired and padded.
Triumph do a really good one. I've been buying them for years.

My sister said Uniqlo do very reasonable ones too. Haven't tried them yet, but I'm going to order a few soon to try.

Theonlyoneiknow Wed 05-Mar-14 14:14:17

I am a 36A (I think). 34 is too tight around the back but the 36A still gapes at the sides and the top as i've lost so much volume there sad

Will check that measurement link, thanks!

Will go into John Lewis and Debenhams this week and see what they have (Triumph etc), the M&S ones just don't fit. Even the ones for teenagers!

Innogen Wed 05-Mar-14 14:17:06

Have you tried a 34B? Might be a better fit.

topknob Wed 05-Mar-14 14:46:01

Asda have one, I really like mine smile

Theonlyoneiknow Wed 05-Mar-14 14:46:54

I tried the 34B too but it felt right around the back and gaped even more. The 34A gave me side boob sad

Theonlyoneiknow Wed 05-Mar-14 14:47:08

Am yearning for my pre-DC boobs!

MirandaWest Wed 05-Mar-14 14:52:54

What are your actual measurements underneath your breasts and then at their widest point? It may be that you actually need a bigger cup size in the 34. There are many bra experts on mn who will help smile

Agree with the others, please check your measurements. A 36a is actually a very very rare size when correctly fitted

Theonlyoneiknow Wed 05-Mar-14 15:29:13

Thank you! Will measure tonight and revert

Theonlyoneiknow Sat 08-Mar-14 19:42:38

Ok so am 30.5" around my back and 34" across the fullest part, or 35" if I bend over?

treaclesoda Sat 08-Mar-14 19:58:39

that makes you around a 30D or DD.

treaclesoda Sat 08-Mar-14 20:00:15

actually, the DD is more likely, but as with all clothes shopping it's just the starting point. You need to try some on now smile

Yeah, start with a 30DD (bending over measure more accurate) and work from there. Don't bother with M&S bras for sizing purposes as they are so unpredictable you will never work out your approximate size from them!

Tweet2tweet Sat 08-Mar-14 20:55:19

I just bought the lepel Athena wireless bra in black and nude. I like it.

TheJumped Sat 08-Mar-14 21:02:03

I love bra intervention threads <happy sigh>

I have the Lepel Athena, it's v comfy but does give me a bit of monoboob. I only wear it for slobby days though.

It might be that when you wear the correct bra size you are happy to wear underwiring again.

Theonlyoneiknow Sat 08-Mar-14 21:31:17

Oh thank you so much! where on the high street would you recommend I go?

assuming you don't have a bravissimo (who are excellent), then debenhams, house of fraser and john lewis generally carry 30DDs although the fitting service is only any good in john lewis

Theonlyoneiknow Sat 08-Mar-14 22:40:49

Oh there is a bravissimo about ten mins walk from my office! will pop in at lunch next week (john lewis too) thanks so much, will let you know how I get on

Theonlyoneiknow Mon 10-Mar-14 13:24:17

Went info John Lewis today and tried on about 20 bras! Left with a triumph underwire in 32D. Ran out of time! It was £35 though, never spent that much ever! Still need some non wire ones too.

Dont know what to do with all my old bras now? Some of them are lovely :-(

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now