Talk

Advanced search

Coconut water

(9 Posts)
sleepdodger Wed 05-Mar-14 00:58:42

Anyone drink it seen any benefit?
Saw a friend last week who was glowing
Said since drinking it her skin was so much better
I had a v v v rare facial yesterday and lady said she would recommend it as well as reg water due to nutrients but couldn't explain why...
Anyway, bout some for £3 in sains non concentration fresh stuff
How much do I need to drink before it takes effect- read that as time not gallons wink
Will it make any difference??
Is it cheaper elsewhere do they sell it in aldi

DesperateHousewife21 Wed 05-Mar-14 07:19:14

I cant say about its benefits but it tastes disgusting!

My step-MIL bought a big bottle of it because I said I liked coconut so she gave me a huge glass of it with our dinner and I was expecting it to taste of coconut...it doesnt. It tasted of lukewarm sea water envy <---yuck!

Pufflemum Wed 05-Mar-14 07:27:20

You can buy it in Costco. It's long life and does not need to be refrigerated.
I love it but it must be ice cold. It's also good as a base for smoothies. Yesterday I had it with blended banana and passion fruit, delicious!

PrimalLass Wed 05-Mar-14 11:55:51

I love it. Tesco sell it, and I've had it delivered from Amazon too.

WowOoo Wed 05-Mar-14 13:09:53

I love it!
Lots more supermarkets have started stocking it recently. Morrisons had it last week. I had to get it from Waitrose before.

I've not noticed any difference skin or health wise. But, it's supposed to be really good at hydrating you so I use it during and after exercise.

Hopefully Wed 05-Mar-14 13:25:48

It is utterly revolting by itself. Can imagine it as a smoothie base. Not remotely coconutty.

TulipOHare Wed 05-Mar-14 14:43:36

I love it and drank it every day for a couple of months last year. I actually can't remember why it stopped, but it was having some sort of negative effect on me. Just can't remember what it was blush . I think I suspected it was making my dark circles worse or something.

It was really lovely, chilled, in that heatwave we had.

TulipOHare Wed 05-Mar-14 14:44:10

why *I stopped, not why it stopped

ProfessorDent Wed 05-Mar-14 14:46:42

Coconut Oil, as sold in H&B, is meant to have amazing health benefits, even said to inhibit the development of Parkinson's and other old-age ailments such as Alzheimers.

Thing is, it does remind me of the hype surrounding pomegranite juice all those years ago, which was also touted as the cure for everything.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now