Talk

Advanced search

Raincoat with non-polyester lining?

(4 Posts)
Wenchelda Tue 04-Mar-14 20:44:52

I'm after a completely waterproof coat (lightweight, no padding) that is fully lined with cotton - or anything other than polyester! I hate the feeling of sweaty arms I always get if wearing a short sleeved top. Googling throws up lots of suggestions but on closer inspection, although many claim to be fully cotton lined, it then says "polyester lining in sleeves" confused The only one I can find that is in fact 100% cotton lining is from sea salt and I'm not overly keen on the style/colours.

So can anyone help? Must have a hood (I'm amazed that there are so many waterproof coats out there that don't have hoods!) and I think I'd like an orange one, though not sure I can be too fussy!

Orangeanddemons Tue 04-Mar-14 20:49:54

But they use polyester in the sleeves to make it slide on easier. You might find one with cotton sleeves, but you may struggle. Getting cotton over sweatshirts/wool/ or other fabrics can be tricky

Wenchelda Tue 04-Mar-14 21:10:56

Hmm, I did wonder about that. (Though my DS has a coat with cotton lining in the sleeves and he never seems to have a problem). What's the answer to sweaty arms then?!

HanSolo Tue 04-Mar-14 21:17:08

Seasalt sell coats that are lined in cotton. My DD has one, though admittedly that is childrenswear... it's a waxed mac type of raincoat (lovely btw). Their site is usually okay to navigate.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now