Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Those hair things...

(9 Posts)
WaitingAndSpinning Tue 04-Mar-14 18:42:43

Does anyone know where you can buy:

Those hair things that are either a long or round thing with holes in and then a stick (great description!) like this but think I might need something bigger as my hair is thick.

The hair clips I've seen people wear that look quite long and thin, quite often tapered on one end and can hold quite a lot of hair, like in a chignon for instance.

Sorry for crap descriptions. I've looked in Accessorise and Boots and haven't seen anything I like.

WaitingAndSpinning Tue 04-Mar-14 18:43:26

Sorry that should have said, I've looked in Boots and Accessorize and haven't seen anything like these.

DaftSkunk Tue 04-Mar-14 19:02:47

Something like this?

WaitingAndSpinning Tue 04-Mar-14 19:10:14

Thank you, I'd been on that site and somehow missed these, they might work smile

YoullNeedATray Tue 04-Mar-14 19:15:30

The long ones wider at one end are often called beak or concord clips.

I had a lovely leather "oval with holes & wooden stick". Got it on a market stall in France ... I lost it :-(

working3jobs Tue 04-Mar-14 20:00:06

ooh, yes,i remember these!

WaitingAndSpinning Tue 04-Mar-14 21:00:32

Thank you! Now I know what they're called that's so much easier smile

cloudskitchen Tue 04-Mar-14 21:12:42

Claires accessories?

Nocomet Tue 04-Mar-14 21:27:19

Independent chemists, markets, craft stalls. Sort of thing some one on etsay would sell.

I'd like one too as doughnut buns are old hat and I cannot get the bulldog clip things tidy.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: