Talk

Advanced search

Perfume quandary!

(4 Posts)
GatoradeMeBitch Tue 04-Mar-14 10:24:56

Two of my most used perfumes are running out, and I've only really got the budget to replace one.

My issue is that the first one Molecule01 I don't really care much for, there's something 'white floral' about it and I never like that, but I have never had so many compliments on a fragrance. Also I feel embarrassed to tell people it's name because it's one of those pheromone scents which are supposedly designed to draw people to you. I mean, it seems to do that sometimes, but you don't want to actually tell people!

The other one gets no compliments (Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterrano) but I love it!

Would it make more sense to repurchase the one that everybody else seems to like?

OneLittleLady Tue 04-Mar-14 10:44:10

I'd buy the one I liked the most. Compliments are nice but I'd rather wear the one that I really loved

FrugalFashionista Tue 04-Mar-14 11:38:09

There is nothing embarrassing about Mol. 01, it's a raw material that some can smell very distinctly and others cannot. I think the pheromone theory is just marketing hype, the raw material Iso E Super is used in an enormous amount of perfumes these days (for example the Hermes house perfumer Ellena loves it). If you google Iso E Super you can replace Mol 01 for under £10 - my perfumer friend says it's a total ripoff.

Blu Mediterraneo is a great 'fume too, wear something that you enjoy. For me perfume is a tremendous source of daily enjoyment. Wear Iso E Supet when you go out, it's much more subdued, and you can enjoy the compliments.

GatoradeMeBitch Wed 05-Mar-14 11:35:53

Thank you! I'll buy my Blu then, and look out for 'Iso E Super'. Though I have to say, most of my compliments come from women shoppers in Marks & Spencer... They still count though! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now