Talk

Advanced search

Looking for biker boot recommendations...

(19 Posts)
Frettchen Tue 04-Mar-14 10:23:24

I'm not really a stylish person, but I'm hoping you wonderfully fashionable folk can help me in spite of that!

The requirement: Black flat (or low-heel) boots which are smart enough to wear in the office (with black denim skirt & tights, or tunic dress and black leggings) but also sturdy enough for my daily lunchtime walk around a muddy, uneven field. They have to be ankle boots; I have short legs and fat calves, so anything longer tends to not fit so well (at all)

My previous pair were a super-cheap pair from Amazon; These, which now have started to break. Am not surprised; that cost doesn't suggest the're up to a lot of heavy usage.

I'm prepared to spend a bit more this time round, around £50 (although am open to looking at something a little more expensive)

So... any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

FauxFox Tue 04-Mar-14 11:25:56

dune? I have the tall knee high version of those and they are lasting really well, two winters of almost daily wear and still going strong grin

DavenotChas Tue 04-Mar-14 13:21:20

these?

RayPurchase Tue 04-Mar-14 18:20:22

What was the sizing like on your old pair? I like them but I'm an inbetweeny size...

Frettchen Wed 05-Mar-14 15:34:46

The Dune ones are lovely, but a bit too expensive. I do like the Clarks ones - will see if I can get to town on Sunday and try them on. Thanks both.

I was mostly happy with the fit of my Amazon ones - I wore them a lot and didn't have any discomfort. They could have been a little wider though, as that's where I've managed to wear them out; with the upper bit starting to come apart from the sole.

OneLittleLady Wed 05-Mar-14 15:50:44

I got some brilliant ones in New Look. Leather and fit like a dream. I think they are still on sale so might be worth a look, mine only cost me £19!

itstheyearzero Wed 05-Mar-14 17:52:55

What size are you? I have a pair very similar to your original boots that I bought from Clarkes a couple of years ago. I think I have worn them about 3 times, they are just not me. Are you a 5 perchance?

itstheyearzero Wed 05-Mar-14 17:54:03

Oh just noticed they have to be black. Mine are kind if gun metal grey. Sorry.

Thebluedog Wed 05-Mar-14 17:55:30

I bought a pair if reiker ones a few years ago, slightly more expensive but definitely worth it

BikeRunSki Wed 05-Mar-14 19:42:11

I got some CAT ones last week reduced to £40 from www.branch309.co.uk. It's the Schuu overstocks/ex display/ clearance site. Massive thread about it last week. My are apparently ex display, but seem perfect to me.

BikeRunSki Wed 05-Mar-14 19:45:21

These.

something2say Wed 05-Mar-14 19:47:45

Just a bought a real leather pair from very, reduced to fifty six.....have a look....can't seem to link!

Vickiyumyum Wed 05-Mar-14 20:37:50

I have these ones they are fab. Nice and hard wearing comfy and warm
www.branch309.co.uk/womens/caterpillar-anna-kick-black-boots/4403907030/

Vickiyumyum Wed 05-Mar-14 20:41:03

These are a bit over budget but lovely. Again very comfy and have worn really well. I've had them for a few months now.
http://m.marksandspencer.com/mt/www.marksandspencer.com/leather-twin-buckle-biker-boots-with-insolia-flex/p/p22246017?colour=Black

Vickiyumyum Wed 05-Mar-14 20:41:30

m.marksandspencer.com/mt/www.marksandspencer.com/leather-twin-buckle-biker-boots-with-insolia-flex/p/p22246017?colour=Black

BikeRunSki Wed 05-Mar-14 23:42:46

Sorry, meant to say,I also have big calves but the mid height CAT ones fit with room to spare.

RonaldMcDonald Thu 06-Mar-14 00:54:03

Must they be biker boots?

RonaldMcDonald Thu 06-Mar-14 01:05:22

What about the Zara biker boots

Vickiyumyum Thu 06-Mar-14 10:30:13

oh I like those zara ones.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now