Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Looking for biker boot recommendations...

(19 Posts)
Frettchen Tue 04-Mar-14 10:23:24

I'm not really a stylish person, but I'm hoping you wonderfully fashionable folk can help me in spite of that!

The requirement: Black flat (or low-heel) boots which are smart enough to wear in the office (with black denim skirt & tights, or tunic dress and black leggings) but also sturdy enough for my daily lunchtime walk around a muddy, uneven field. They have to be ankle boots; I have short legs and fat calves, so anything longer tends to not fit so well (at all)

My previous pair were a super-cheap pair from Amazon; These, which now have started to break. Am not surprised; that cost doesn't suggest the're up to a lot of heavy usage.

I'm prepared to spend a bit more this time round, around £50 (although am open to looking at something a little more expensive)

So... any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

FauxFox Tue 04-Mar-14 11:25:56

dune? I have the tall knee high version of those and they are lasting really well, two winters of almost daily wear and still going strong grin

DavenotChas Tue 04-Mar-14 13:21:20

these?

RayPurchase Tue 04-Mar-14 18:20:22

What was the sizing like on your old pair? I like them but I'm an inbetweeny size...

Frettchen Wed 05-Mar-14 15:34:46

The Dune ones are lovely, but a bit too expensive. I do like the Clarks ones - will see if I can get to town on Sunday and try them on. Thanks both.

I was mostly happy with the fit of my Amazon ones - I wore them a lot and didn't have any discomfort. They could have been a little wider though, as that's where I've managed to wear them out; with the upper bit starting to come apart from the sole.

OneLittleLady Wed 05-Mar-14 15:50:44

I got some brilliant ones in New Look. Leather and fit like a dream. I think they are still on sale so might be worth a look, mine only cost me £19!

itstheyearzero Wed 05-Mar-14 17:52:55

What size are you? I have a pair very similar to your original boots that I bought from Clarkes a couple of years ago. I think I have worn them about 3 times, they are just not me. Are you a 5 perchance?

itstheyearzero Wed 05-Mar-14 17:54:03

Oh just noticed they have to be black. Mine are kind if gun metal grey. Sorry.

Thebluedog Wed 05-Mar-14 17:55:30

I bought a pair if reiker ones a few years ago, slightly more expensive but definitely worth it

BikeRunSki Wed 05-Mar-14 19:42:11

I got some CAT ones last week reduced to £40 from www.branch309.co.uk. It's the Schuu overstocks/ex display/ clearance site. Massive thread about it last week. My are apparently ex display, but seem perfect to me.

BikeRunSki Wed 05-Mar-14 19:45:21

These.

something2say Wed 05-Mar-14 19:47:45

Just a bought a real leather pair from very, reduced to fifty six.....have a look....can't seem to link!

Vickiyumyum Wed 05-Mar-14 20:37:50

I have these ones they are fab. Nice and hard wearing comfy and warm
www.branch309.co.uk/womens/caterpillar-anna-kick-black-boots/4403907030/

Vickiyumyum Wed 05-Mar-14 20:41:03

These are a bit over budget but lovely. Again very comfy and have worn really well. I've had them for a few months now.
http://m.marksandspencer.com/mt/www.marksandspencer.com/leather-twin-buckle-biker-boots-with-insolia-flex/p/p22246017?colour=Black

Vickiyumyum Wed 05-Mar-14 20:41:30

m.marksandspencer.com/mt/www.marksandspencer.com/leather-twin-buckle-biker-boots-with-insolia-flex/p/p22246017?colour=Black

BikeRunSki Wed 05-Mar-14 23:42:46

Sorry, meant to say,I also have big calves but the mid height CAT ones fit with room to spare.

RonaldMcDonald Thu 06-Mar-14 00:54:03

Must they be biker boots?

RonaldMcDonald Thu 06-Mar-14 01:05:22

What about the Zara biker boots

Vickiyumyum Thu 06-Mar-14 10:30:13

oh I like those zara ones.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: