Talk

Advanced search

New Foundation

(6 Posts)
bigmumma73 Mon 03-Mar-14 23:42:07

I am a Bare Minerals girl, love the convenience, easy to blend and touch up, however the older I get I can't help feeling it ages me, I wear the original. Any tips to avoid (other than visit the counter for advice), maybe time to go back to liquid foundation, any recommendations of formulas that don't slide off? Thanks ladies.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Tue 04-Mar-14 07:13:08

I've just ditched bare minerals for Revlon colour stay. Tbh if you are used to BM then you will need something as long lasting as colour stay, other brands just don't cut it ime.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Tue 04-Mar-14 07:14:53

Oh and I still use a dab of BM bisque concealer over the colour stay, it works wellsmile

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Tue 04-Mar-14 07:16:00

I buff it on using a real techniques brush just like you do with BM.

FrugalFashionista Tue 04-Mar-14 08:23:00

Big if your problem is that it looks dry and cakey or seems to highlight your pores, try a mist of water for setting it. I also need to apply moisturizer or serum 5-10 minutes before applying mineral powder to prep the skin. I avoid the undereye are (very fine wrinkles) and like Dame I use mineral concealer (with an eyebrow blending brush) for the few areas that need touching up so I can get away with just one sheer layer of mineral. Lily Lolo works for me. I'm 1973 too BTW...

Colorstay is a good option too but I found that liquid foundation seemed to highlight dry/uneven/crepey areas even more! My MIL is 70+ with fabulous looking skin and she swears by Estee Lauder Daywear products!

bigmumma73 Tue 04-Mar-14 17:56:31

I have never heard of lilylolo did a quick google search will investigate! Revlon sounds like a maybe, but I think U are right dame that I might struggle to match minerals. I will try a mist of water too. I totally overlook estee lauder! Maybe I need to broaden my horizons.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now