Talk

Advanced search

Best undereye concealer for dark circles?

(16 Posts)
sotiredfornow Mon 03-Mar-14 21:38:05

I've used the Bobbi Brown one in the past but would like to try something different. I have fine lines and not the smoothest of skin in that area so it needs to be something that doesn't look cakey and blends easily.

My dark circles are pretty bad since having children!

Any ideas?

SoleSource Wed 05-Mar-14 15:42:38

Visit a MAC shop. The staff chose my perfect colour NW20.

Beeyump Wed 05-Mar-14 15:51:09

Benefit Erase Paste is what I use currently, it's pretty great!

ThonHoor Wed 05-Mar-14 15:53:18

This one by Collection 2000.

It's the best concealer I've ever used and kicks the arse of the MAC one I have which now never sees the light of day.

Creamy and blendable with fantastic coverage. It's a beauty bloggers favourite. Honestly could not recommend it enough.

squoosh Wed 05-Mar-14 15:56:35

Yep, I love the Collection 2000 one too.

applecharlotte Wed 05-Mar-14 16:05:47

Erase paste also! Brilliant coverage and a pot lasts a year v good value for money.

Beeyump Wed 05-Mar-14 16:10:50

applecharlotte, I think I must use too much then, even though I never use that stupid spatula thing they give you - I don't get a pot to last a year. confused sad

RawCoconutMacaroon Wed 05-Mar-14 16:18:00

Have you thought about possible causes of your dark circles? Lack of sleep of course, but they can be an indication of allergy, autoimmune conditions such as coeliac, liver and kidney problems... So if you are having other health symptoms, maybe worth investigating? Interestingly a lot of women who develop autoimmune symptoms find that happens after having children (although maybe that's just because they are also getting older iykwim).

Not being alarmist but just thought it worth pointing out (used to have awful dark "bruising" under my eyes before I cut out foods I was reacting too). Saves me a fortune in YSL touche éclat makeup pens!!! It is great stuff, and really worked well on me as I have very pale Celtic skin it blends into nicely.

SoleSource Wed 05-Mar-14 16:18:37

Ooh collection 2000!
99My MAC has lasted three years as it was a rare treat for myself. I use it as a foundation.

RawCoconutMacaroon Wed 05-Mar-14 16:19:34

Touche Eclate.

AntoinetteCosway Wed 05-Mar-14 16:28:31

Yes, the Collection one is bloody brilliant. It's very similar to Nars Creamy Concealer which I also love and comes in many more colours, although is also far more expensive. (FAR more.)

Beeyump Wed 05-Mar-14 16:32:44

Touche Eclate smells of poo though. I think I'm going to try the Collection one next smile

squoosh Wed 05-Mar-14 16:33:31

Touche Eclat is more of a highlighter than a concealer.

JohnnyUtah Wed 05-Mar-14 16:34:50

I swear by the Trish McEvoy one from Harvey Nicholls. Doesn't cake at all. Not like Touche Éclat.

ThonHoor Wed 05-Mar-14 16:37:52

Touche Eclat is a highlighter and definitely not a concealer.

It actually draws attention to your bags and looks terrible in photos as all the wee reflective particles bounce light back.

SoleSource Wed 05-Mar-14 16:38:05

Just called branch of Boots as the Collection 2000 is out of stock online. Cool medium No.2 is in stock. I think I shall shimmy on down soon to Boots and buy it!
Please be patient for my review of it!

Tricky to get the correct shade...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now