Talk

Advanced search

Frederick Malle perfumes

(10 Posts)
Blaineisnotanappliance Mon 03-Mar-14 21:18:31

I am a total perfume addict and read lots of blogs. Keep hearing loads of great things about Malle perfumes but oh my the price!shock

I know you are able to be buy tiny samples but I am really,really skint at the moment so don't want to take a chance on something I might hate-its a few quid I don't have spare.

Does anyone have any of his perfumes and can give me some advice? I love perfumes that have a vintage feel-so rose,lilac.musk and powdery are things I like.

Thanks.

FrugalFashionista Mon 03-Mar-14 21:21:41

Une Rose, En Passant, Musc Ravageur, perhaps Iris Poudre.
Samples from Les Senteurs.
And do join us on the perfume thread!

Plumpysoft Mon 03-Mar-14 21:54:31

You will def love Lipstick Rose!!!

Blaineisnotanappliance Tue 04-Mar-14 12:52:46

Had a look on les senteurs but you have to order 4 samples and I can't afford it so will have to get my Malle idea's on here-one day<fingers crossed>

I do love the sound of lipstick or Une rose.

HMG83 Tue 04-Mar-14 13:14:58

Lipstick rose is like parma violet sweets! It's my favourite!!!!

florascotia Tue 04-Mar-14 13:40:53

OP This is not a Malle perfume, but I have a barely-used little 'Scent and Sensibility' sample of Tauer's Une Rose Chypree. I thought I'd try it once, to break away from my usual love for 'green' scents. It's very nice, but really not for me - although some say it has cool notes, all I get is (lovely) roses - they predominate - warm, musky woods, orange, and sweet patchouli and cinnamon. It seems a shame for it to linger in a drawer, unworn and unwanted. I'd be very happy to post it to you for free (just PM me with a postal address), if you think it might be the sort of modern vintage floral perfume that you would like to try.

pomdereplay Tue 04-Mar-14 13:42:51

God I absolutely adore Frederic Malle perfumes. The samples are well worth the little investment they cost and last surprisingly long. I am a traditionalist and love Portrait of a Lady -- the most epic sillage of any 'fume I've tried...

Apatite1 Tue 04-Mar-14 17:55:18

I wear carnal flower and musc Ravageur, but I'd recommend iris poudre for you.

Bananapud Tue 04-Mar-14 18:53:09

I have une rose and carnal flower. A sample will last a week or so. As the full size bottles are v expensive I definitely recommend trying a sample version from les senteurs first.

FrugalFashionista Tue 04-Mar-14 19:22:54

Some of my perfumista friends have split Malle travel sets or eBayed / swapped the extras. You can also sometimes find minis or decants.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now