Talk

Advanced search

Help me get a new hairstyle please

(13 Posts)
Skivvywoman Mon 03-Mar-14 19:34:45

My hair is currently down to my bra strap but don't want it shorter as it's easier to straighten when it's long (I'm curly but always straighten)
It's fine and naturally blonde but I'm sure when I look closely I see white strands!
I also don't want a fringe due to being curly least bit moisture and poof it's frizz!

I quite like the choppy look and don't know whether to get low lights or a couple of flashes of colour?

Can anyone help?

Skivvywoman Tue 04-Mar-14 07:44:03

Anyone before Thursday?

mrsnec Tue 04-Mar-14 08:03:59

Hi, my hair is longer than yours at the moment and I'm thinking of doing something different but not too radical as I've had the same do for about 25 years, but can't post links on this but I like Kylie's hair at the moment and Jerry hall's new do think they are similar and wondering if that would work on fine hair.

Skivvywoman Tue 04-Mar-14 08:46:31

I'll have a look and see smile

Skivvywoman Tue 04-Mar-14 08:53:42

They would work on fine hair but to short for me, my hair is a nightmare I'd love a side fringe but I know it would annoy me as I tie my hair up for work!
It's so hard to pick a new style shock

Skivvywoman Tue 04-Mar-14 08:58:09

Hope this link work I like this but with fringe a bit longer http://longhairstyleshowto.com/blonde-hair-casual

mrsnec Tue 04-Mar-14 09:00:00

Yes I agree a bit short too. Would be a massive change for me as mine is waist length almost! I. Don't enjoy going to the hairdressers. I tried a side fringe a few times and always end up growing it out or clipping it out the way.

Skivvywoman Tue 04-Mar-14 09:03:18

http://longhairstyleshowto.com/blonde-hair-casual

Wow wish my hair was waist length, that would be a massive change for you!

mrsnec Tue 04-Mar-14 09:03:49

I like that. Definitely would work if you want to keep it long.

Skivvywoman Tue 04-Mar-14 09:04:14

God I can't get these links too work hmm

Skivvywoman Tue 04-Mar-14 09:05:05

Hope this works!

CountBapula Tue 04-Mar-14 09:14:18

My hair's about the same length as yours but thick. Having a side fringe has definitely worked for me. The key is keeping it quite long - I just had it trimmed yesterday and if I pull it straight down it comes to my top lip. So it's almost more like a short layer than a fringe. If it's long enough the weight stops it frizzing too much in the rain (my hair's wavy).

I style it with the Babyliss Big Hair - takes less than a minute to get a lovely bouncy 60s-style fringe. Then I spray a load of dry shampoo on my crown, backcomb it a bit and pin it into a sort if half-up half-down beehive thing. Takes two minutes and I find that because of the fringe, my hair looks 'done' even if the rest of it looks like a bird's nest.

Keeping your fringe long also means it's super-easy to pin back - if I wear my hair up I push my fringe into a sort of soft quiff/pompadour thing then use a kirby grip. Easy.

mrsnec Tue 04-Mar-14 09:44:03

You're both making me rethink cutting mine off now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now