Talk

Advanced search

What footwear with this outfit?

(20 Posts)
Ziggyzoom Mon 03-Mar-14 15:57:37

Suggestions please - skirt strangely this is full-length on me and I am 5'8"!
It is for a wedding evening do in a couple of weeks time.

frankietwospots Mon 03-Mar-14 16:04:25

ooo dear, I just think the whole thing looks like it needs a good press! Not a fan I'm afraid. Sorry.

frankietwospots Mon 03-Mar-14 16:06:17

oops, sorry, just realised you wanted footwear suggestions. I think I'd go with suede wedges.

Ziggyzoom Mon 03-Mar-14 16:21:16

Ha, that's what my DH said! But yes, it is already purchased and I'm happy with the style (or lack of wink) I'm just not sure about footwear!

Ziggyzoom Mon 03-Mar-14 20:01:58

Come on style gurus !

Ziggyzoom Mon 03-Mar-14 21:43:58

Have I committed a massive fashion faux pas?

FauxFox Mon 03-Mar-14 21:50:24

I think it would look better if you wore only one of those with a more structured other half for the outfit to avoid too much fabric swamping you - so tailored trousers or a fitted skirt with the top, or a fitted top with the skirt. Would that be an option for you?

threepiecesuite Mon 03-Mar-14 21:53:45

The top looks nice with the fitted trousers as shown in the image. Poss not with the swishy skirt.

tvstand Tue 04-Mar-14 09:51:11

I like them together. do you want heels or flats? I'd be tempted with some jeweled flats maybe?

tvstand Tue 04-Mar-14 09:53:35

these? this is what I meant, I think

Ziggyzoom Tue 04-Mar-14 10:19:43

Thanks tv I was starting to think I'd had a style bypass! I like the idea of sparkly pumps to lift it a little. The ones you have linked to are pretty.

Catsmamma Tue 04-Mar-14 10:29:42

I like both of those individually, but i think there's going to be an unholy fight going on at hip level with the hem of the top, the fitted yoke and the gathers on the skirt.

Shoe wise, I like a pointy kitteny heel sort of thing for weddings...not high, but dressy. Have just googled for some ideas though and all the choices are vile. SO maybe some nice dainty pumps instead.

Ziggyzoom Tue 04-Mar-14 10:48:58

I really can't be arsed to look for anything else. I think it looks ok and it covers my multitude of sins which is a tall order. I think I'll look for some sparkly pumps.

Catnuzzle Tue 04-Mar-14 11:47:46

What TVstand linked.

chainedtothedesk Tue 04-Mar-14 11:52:53

The skirt looks like it might finish at a funny length to wear with flats. I'd opt for heals.

chainedtothedesk Tue 04-Mar-14 11:54:34

Just realised the model is wearing flats - not a fan myself and not dressy enough for a wedding IMO (the flats that is not the skirt).

Ziggyzoom Tue 04-Mar-14 18:32:40

I got se grey flats from TK Maxx at a bargain £12. They have ribbon flowers on the toe so not too dissimilar to the ones TV linked to. I've come over all crafty and I'm going to add some sparkle to prevent it looking too dirgy!

tvstand Wed 05-Mar-14 22:00:08

£12 bargain!
You've got the height to carry off flats, and by 11 you'll still have your shoes on and everyone else will be bare foot!

Hope you enjoy your evening!

burnishedsilver Wed 05-Mar-14 22:17:56

Be careful washing that top. My sister had it and had to bin it after one wash. . .. not sure how she washed it.

Ziggyzoom Thu 06-Mar-14 19:48:03

Thanks for the warning silver I will be careful! And thanks for the enthusiasm tv grin.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now