Talk

Advanced search

Plain, lightweight rainwear for girls

(11 Posts)
Whitetara Mon 03-Mar-14 15:06:43

Hi
Does anyone know anywhere I could get lightweight but warm enough for a Scottish spring, plain, raincoats for two girls aged 4 and 6. The closest I've come is the jojo bebe maman fisherman jacket, but the biggest size is 5-6 and my eldest will be 7 in November.

I've been all over the internet and am lacking inspiration and I'm running out of sites to try. They all seem to be very patterny...

Cherrypie32 Mon 03-Mar-14 15:26:43

www.landsend.co.uk/mProduct?pid=P_22593
Or
www.landsend.co.uk/mProduct?pid=P_27526

Naicecuppatea Mon 03-Mar-14 15:42:10

I just got some Trespass jackets for my similarly aged DDs from Amazon, and they're brill. Removable fleece inner, windproof and rain proof jacket with a hood and only �15-20 (two different styles I got for them). They are plain but I prefer that.

Nocomet Mon 03-Mar-14 16:12:09

Proper out door shop, Go outdoors, Millets, Tresspass, Mountin Life.

DDs current ones are Reggatta ones, which I think are from Go outdoors. We are also lucky enough to have outlet hiking shops that sometimes have childrens sizes and often have ski coats.

Both DD1 and me have £100+ ski coats reduced to about £35.

My DDs are teens, but I think most real hiking company's start around size 7-8 as that's when Brownies, Cubs etc start.

mejon Mon 03-Mar-14 17:00:00

Mountainwarehouse do a jacket similar to the Jojo fisherman's one. I think they had navy or pink with striped jersey linings. I can't see them on the website but they had loads in our local store and were half-price last week (around £15 I think).

accessorizequeen Mon 03-Mar-14 22:39:46

Viking kids do lots of Scandi brands that are very good. Little Trekkers & Waterproof world have a great range.

Whitetara Mon 03-Mar-14 22:46:19

Thank you for the suggestions. In an ideal world (i.e. in my head), it would be a below the bum length, navy blue, with the odd discrete pink trim and be able to go with everything while still looking "smart".

A bit like this: http://welliesandworms.co.uk/hatley-girls-waterproof-splash-jacket.html
but with the colours in reverse. Oh and costing about £25/£30....

I looked on mountainware house, as I like the sound of the stripey jersey linings, but couldn't see them either, but they might be worth looking out for.

Whitetara Mon 03-Mar-14 22:47:14

welliesandworms.co.uk/hatley-girls-waterproof-splash-jacket.html

Nocomet Mon 03-Mar-14 23:50:50

Isn't she going to think that's very twee the day she steps into Y4? Or is it just DD2 who developed a teens attitude to coats very young.
Her purple waterproof is in perfect condition because she won't wear it.

DD1's is the veteran of may adventures on City streets, English hills and Swiss mountains.

Outdoor shop websites aren't terribly helpful because it's really hard to work out how long, thick and smart things look from the pictures.

trixymalixy Mon 03-Mar-14 23:57:16

Millets seem to always have decent kids rainwear in. The one on sauchiehall st if you're in Glasgow.

Whitetara Tue 04-Mar-14 09:56:06

To be honest, given free rein they would choose the brightest pink coat they could find. I personally think navy would go with everything, but I'm likely to be accused of having bought a "boy's" coat.

What do you think of these? www.muddypuddles.com/girls/girls-clothes/jackets-and-coats/puddlepac_jacket_fandango_pink.htmr

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now