Talk

Advanced search

Help- totally clueless!

(3 Posts)
TheSlug Sun 02-Mar-14 23:46:54

Hi all, hoping someone here can be kind and help me. I had my gorgeous Dd 8 weeks ago and really need all new clothes. At the moment I'm wearing lots of leggings and vest tops and I'm BFing, so need things with easy access. I feel absolutely awful so need a kick up the bum and a helping hand!

I'm 26, normally a size 10-12.

Just had a hair cut and colour so need help with new clothes please.

FauxFox Mon 03-Mar-14 10:49:08

What did you used to wear? What clothes have you had in the past that made you happy when you wore them?

Maybe start with a great pair of boots/shoes and a great jacket and go from there? At your stage in mummydom I wore knee length A-line skirts with vest tops and brown biker boots, big sunglasses (for the eye-bags!) but it was more Summer time but I do love the 'tough boots' with opaque tights and a girly skirt/dress look would that work for you?

Before preg/kids I wore heels almost every day but obviously not suitable with babies to carry etc. and boots were the only other footwear I found exciting to buy (hate trainers/flat shoes).

frankietwospots Mon 03-Mar-14 11:01:00

I'm older than you but when I was BFing, I wore button down Henley type tops like this:

www.gap.co.uk/browse/product.do?cid=57349&vid=1&pid=000752383002

or wrap tops like this:

www.boden.co.uk/en-GB/Womens-Tops-T-shirts/3_4-Sleeved-Tops/WL784/Womens-Wrap-Jersey-Top.html

with soft stretchy jeggings or button down dresses. I only had one proper breastfeeding top and hated it. I used to find stuff in Matalan, H&M, Crew, Boden, all over the place really. Maybe it would be best to work out what kind of look you like e.g. soft jersey blazer, striped top, jeggings/skinnies, boots, big printed scarf and go from there? Gap has a 30% off event coming up and is great for soft jersey blazers and Henley tops.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now