Talk

Advanced search

Come share your greasy skin routine with me please!

(12 Posts)
theladylovescupcakes Sun 02-Mar-14 20:56:51

Using Clarins Hydramatte at the mo, with oil at night, but still greasy, particularly on my forehead. I'm growing my hair too, so fringe getting a bit greasy. I'd love to hear how you handle the grease! Thank you.

theladylovescupcakes Mon 03-Mar-14 19:35:25

Anyone?

hiddenhome Mon 03-Mar-14 20:18:26

Nothing works sad I've tried dozens of things and none of them have any effect.

I'm seriously considering giving up wearing foundation and powder because I'm sick of looking shiny. I'll just start rinsing my face with water every couple of hours and see how it goes.

Bexicles Mon 03-Mar-14 20:23:01

I've just ordered Clarins Lotus oil to see if it will make any difference, have heard it's good at rebalancing oily skin. It's a nightmare having oily skin sad

theladylovescupcakes Mon 03-Mar-14 21:41:07

I have this Bexicles, need to be more consistent and use every night, I'm a bit lax with it at the mo.

sotiredfornow Mon 03-Mar-14 21:47:22

I'm struggling with this a little at the moment.

I'm using Origins Ginzing moisturiser which is lightweight and oil-free and I've just ordered the Bio Derma pore refiner for my t-zone (supposed to keep things under control a little) then I'm going to pick up a sample of Clarins Ever Matte foundation to see how that works out.

I'd love to know which setting powder is best to use.

Such a nightmare! Hopefully someone can come along with a few tips.

QuinnFabray Mon 03-Mar-14 23:07:43

Nothing really works. And I've tried pretty much everything. Or at least it feels like it. I like the la Roche posay effaclar range. I use the effaclar k or duo as a daily moisturiser. I use the clarins lotus oil at night. It's very nice. Mix a few drops in with a few drops of gentle toner before patting it in to your face. That's the correct way - I only just learned that after months of putting it on neat. I'm currently liking the Ren detox clay mask. Have used MAC's SPF 50 primer for years. I love it. It's a thick lotion and quite oil controlling. Plus very comfortable on the skin. And SPF obviously.

99% of liquid foundations are hopeless. And I'm a bit sick of turning into an oil slick. I need coverage so have worn it for years, but am currently just using MAC mineralized skin finish natural powder buffed in with a dense brush. It feels so much more comfortable, and is easy to touch up and de-shine with a quick dusting. Blotting sheets are a always a must too.

The story that oily skinned people don't get so wrinkly is just a myth too!

AnnabelleDarling Mon 03-Mar-14 23:11:58

I have found LRP Effaclar the best thing I've ever used, it's really worth trying

Hopefully Tue 04-Mar-14 09:16:00

I;ve always found my greasy skin better if I use plenty of oil for moisturiser (I know this isn't for everyone), so rosehip or Clarins lotus oil at night, and a drop of rosehip before normal moisturiser during the day. I also need to be vigilant about not using anything soapy (no foaming cleansers at all), as it puts my skin into overdrive. Clarins two in one cleanser (the one for normal/combination skin) seems best for me at the moment, especially since any kind of astringent toner also brings out the grease.

I also use a mineral foundation, seems to last longer before going greasy, and I use a primer underneath (I alternate a House of Colour one which is more matte and beauty flash balm which is slightly dewy, depending on what look I fancy).

lurkingaround Tue 04-Mar-14 09:24:44

I have also tried everything over the years and have never found anything that made a difference. It's a right pita. Blotting papers are an always have. Effaclar also. And foundation was ELDW Light or the Revlon Colourstay for combination skin. Both are fairly heavy coverage tho, which I don't like. I had a course of Roaccutane a few years ago (for acne), my skin never went back to its original oiliness, such a relief! It's still combination skin, but I can use use many foundations now without them sliding off my face by 10am.

HermioneWeasley Tue 04-Mar-14 14:36:18

Oil cleansing method with a primer and mineral make up during the day

shouldbedoingtheironing Tue 04-Mar-14 14:44:49

It's a bit better with Boots Botanics face wash and moisturiser for oily/combo skin and I now use a foundation that helps too Maybelline matte dream mousse. That, plus powder top ups throughout the day

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now