Talk

Advanced search

Bio Sculpture Gel vs Shellac?

(5 Posts)
TestingTestingWonTooFree Sun 02-Mar-14 19:44:13

I'm going on holiday in a week and I'd quite like to have my toenails done. Usually I just use normal polish which then chips off and looks crap. Does anyone have a view on Bio Sculpture Gel vs Shellac? In my local salon, they cost the same to have them removed but the shellac is £11 cheaper to have done.

I really don't want to get into having to do this for the rest of my life, so would probably just have it taken off (at least until the summer when I might reveal my feet again).

I'm pregnant. I'm assuming I can have my toenails done, right?

Bluebell79 Sun 02-Mar-14 20:17:18

Is the bio extensions? I have had various gel polishes shellac, gellux and artistic. Sometimes the price to remove is providing you are having new applied after. You can order acetone cheaply on eBay and soak it of yourself, just buff a little first to break the seal then apply the cotton wool soaked in acetone and cover with foil and leave for about 15mins and it should all crumble off, only use a tiny bit of cotton wool just enough to cover the nail.

TestingTestingWonTooFree Sun 02-Mar-14 20:34:10

Thanks Bluebell. I definitely don't want long toenails!

Jazzicatz Sun 02-Mar-14 20:44:25

Get shellac it's great and will last ages on your toes. I take it off myself once it grows out but it's probably better to get the salon to do it after about 6 weeks.

TestingTestingWonTooFree Mon 03-Mar-14 07:27:51

6 weeks is brilliant!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now