Talk

Advanced search

Bra interventionists - where's the best place to shop (not online) for a 32g?

(12 Posts)
likeneverbefore Sun 02-Mar-14 19:08:34

So after reading the bra threads last year I decided i was somewhere in the region of a 34E. Anyway, those bras were fitting ok, but it seems like more boobage has migrated back to where it should be so I went in to try some new bras on today.

Anyway, I had to go to M and S (I know, I know) as I was returning some jeans which was funding the new underwear and the best fit was a 32G!!

Now M and S seeemed to stock hardly anything in a G, and then most had massive band sizes. Where's the best place to shop in person so I can try them on, I cba with ordering online and sending stuff back.

We don't have a Bravissimo here unfortunately sad

p.s I for the first time ever I have a proper figure - no armpit overhang and my waist looks more defined for wearing a well fitting bra, so thank you!

SorrelForbes Sun 02-Mar-14 19:16:31

It sounds like you definitely needed to change size from the 34E. Please note that M&S don't do a FF so the 32G you tried is probably more like a 32FF in other brands.

Debenhams, JL and HoF are you're best bet on the high street.

Branleuse Sun 02-Mar-14 19:17:41

debenhams have a really great range in the larger sizes

likeneverbefore Sun 02-Mar-14 19:22:40

Ooh, that's interesting Sorrel. I didn't even know there was a double F.

Thanks, will go in to Debenhams.

SorrelForbes Sun 02-Mar-14 19:24:36

Debenhams own brand, Gorgeous, tend to come up very small in the band and cup so you may need a 34.

likeneverbefore Sun 02-Mar-14 19:29:40

THanks for that sorrel - can I ask, is it normal for your size to change again? The 34Es seemed ok about 9 months ago and I bought 4 of them sad

But there def seems to be more boobage than there was. I haven't put on weight, if anything I've lost it.

G cup just sounds huge to me - I'm a 10/12 and can't get my head around it even though I've read the bra threads and know it doesn't actually mean I'm huge.

SorrelForbes Sun 02-Mar-14 19:39:12

Yep, absolutely normal. I went from a 34DD a few years ago to a 32F and now, after much scopping, I'm a 30GG. TBH in the right bra my boobs still don't look that massive!

redcaryellowcar Sun 02-Mar-14 20:07:12

i realise this may not be local but i had brilliant bra fitting at rigby and peller they opened a shop in guildford which is now my closest, but quite a few in London and i think one or two elsewhere?

Bluebell79 Sun 02-Mar-14 20:11:43

You don't say where you are, I'm the same size and go to a little independent in Chichester called tinks.

Yddraigoldragon Sun 02-Mar-14 20:17:12

I went to Leia in Cardiff recently, found them really good. Proper fitting and advice.
They are also in Bluewater and York, not sure where you are OP.

likeneverbefore Sun 02-Mar-14 20:25:17

Thank you, I'm in Scarborough.

willybreeder Sun 02-Mar-14 20:29:57

I'm a 30G and Debenhams is my shop for bras

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now