Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

I'm yet another poster who thinks Caroline Hirons advice has made my skin worse

(3 Posts)
treaclesoda Sun 02-Mar-14 18:20:33

I know this has been discussed repeatedly, but I'm just adding my tuppence worth.

A few months ago, I saw some posters recommend Caroline Hirons. I read quite a bit on her blog and changed my skincare a bit, hoping for an improvement. First few days were good, I stopped using the harsh foaming cleanser, threw out the oil cleanser that was made with mineral oil, and stopped using my cheap version of the Clarisonic. For about a week my skin was softer and smoother. Over the past few months though my skin has got worse and worse, and I just thought it was my age. I've had massive spots, and dry flakey itchy skin all at the same time. I had a lightbulb moment about ten days ago when I realised that the decline in my skin seemed to coincide with following her advice.

Last week I got hold of some black African soap, as recommended by another poster, and lo, the dry, flakey skin is starting to disappear, and for the first time in months I don't have loads of new spots working their way to the surface.

So, whilst I appreciate that her advice has been very useful for other people, it gets a big thumbs down from me.

lurkingaround Sun 02-Mar-14 19:27:12

I've read a few of her posts and find her advice very poor, and some of it just wrong. She's a blogger. She's not a dermatologist AFAIK, she may know a little but not a lot. When you're taking advice from someone you need to know where her advice is coming from, how knowledgable she really is etc etc. the thing to remember with skin issues is that it is almost impossible to diagnose or correct someone's skin remotely. To pretend to be able to do this is, what's the word? Arrogant? foolish? A few other words spring to mind but I'll hold my counsel on them.
Actually she makes my teeth itch.

TallulahBetty Sun 02-Mar-14 20:24:50

I read a few of her blogs and wanted to punch her through the the screen. She is so sneery and arrogant.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now