Talk

Advanced search

Merrell waterproof boots anyone?

(13 Posts)

I'm fed up of cold feet and damp ones too! I need some boots that are ok to wear to work (school so playground duty). Pref calf not higher. Are the Merrells good and if so which? I've looked at these
www.amazon.co.uk/Merrell-Womens-Taiga-Buckle-Nubuck/dp/B00505SKSE/ref=sr_1_22?ie=UTF8&qid=1393765764&sr=8-22&keywords=merrell+boots+women
and these
www.merrell.com/UK/en-GB/Product.mvc.aspx/25908W/70303/Womens/Natalya-Waterproof . I'm not really a furry fan but do need warm and dry!

Any other suggestions? (and are they true to size?)

CrispyCrochet Sun 02-Mar-14 13:33:38

I like the second link better. No experience with Merrel sizing.

I had similar criteria a few months ago. I got Clark's Neeve Ella GTX. They are pricey but about the same as the ones you've linked. They have goretex lining so will keep you dry (ankle height only) and I find them to be warm without any fur.

CrispyCrochet Sun 02-Mar-14 13:34:00

(Sorry no link on my phone!)

IDugUpADiamond Sun 02-Mar-14 13:40:34

I love Merrells, they are true to size and well worth the investment. The second pair is way nicer than the first. but get them from javari as they are £50 cheaper, delivery is free and they also offer free returns so you can always get 2 pairs of different sizes to try.

www.javari.co.uk/Merrell-Womens-Natalya-Waterproof-Slouch/dp/B00DRDT4JU/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&cAsin=B00505S50W&fromPage=search&sr=1-2&qid=1393767529388&clientPageSize=100&node=217028031&sort=relevancerank&keywords=merrell&nodes=217028031&dept=213376031

MegBusset Sun 02-Mar-14 13:47:48

I have some Merrell Decora Chants. They are super comfy, warm and waterproof. Highly recommended!

NorbertDentressangle Sun 02-Mar-14 13:49:05

I've had the Merrell Oslo boots for a couple of years (this is their third winter) and they are still going strong. Warm, waterproof and comfortable.

They've been worn in rain and deep snow and have never let me down.

The only negative review I read about them was that because the side zip comes down quite low (like the Taiga ones in your link) then this can leak water in if you are in deep water/slush but that was from someone in the US who lived in such climes for most of the year IIRC.

Size-wise I would say they come up slightly large. I bought my usual size (6) and tend to need thick socks otherwise they seem a bit loose.

Shop around though as you will find them at bargainous prices if you are lucky!

TeamWill Sun 02-Mar-14 14:30:06

I have Merrell Prevoz- 4th winter of wear.
They are brilliant and worth every penny.

MegBusset Sun 02-Mar-14 15:25:42

I had Oslos before, they were very comfy but I found the laces at the back a bit annoying.

cocobongo Sun 02-Mar-14 17:27:42

I have these, decora, and they are really comfy and warm. And now in the sale!

I think they come up slightly big- I took the 5 and they are fine on me, but I am usually 5-5.5 everywhere else.

CMOTDibbler Sun 02-Mar-14 17:40:42

I have the Prevoz, and they are so warm and comfy

HalfSpamHalfBrisket Sun 02-Mar-14 17:44:24

I've got about three pairs - I wait 'til they go really cheap on amazon/javari then pounce. They are excellent for soggy playground duty - however they can be slightly too warm for the rest of the day in the classroom.

beanandspud Sun 02-Mar-14 19:55:49

I've got the Oslos and another older pair (that I can't remember the name of) and highly recommend them. Warm, waterproof and great for Sunday mornings standing on the touchline...

VivaLeBeaver Sun 02-Mar-14 20:08:16

I have Merrell Puffin boots. True to size, comfy, have lasted ages, keep my feet warm. Keep them dry in snow and rain. I don't think they'd be waterproof enough to trek through a deep puddle....never tried it though so maybe.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now