Talk

Advanced search

I've bought a pair of distressed boyfriend jeans on a whim

(14 Posts)
AndTwoBits Sun 02-Mar-14 08:44:13

How do i style them?? I am 5'9" size 12 and 37 sahm. They are for day time since my social life is pretty dire. I was thinking turned up with a breton perhaps? What on my feet? I must be mad

AnnabelleDarling Sun 02-Mar-14 08:56:08

I like boyfriend jeans but for me they only work in summer, rolled up with bare ankles

AndTwoBits Sun 02-Mar-14 09:04:03

Thanks annabelle. I was thinking they would be more summery, perhaps with a blazer. Since they are worn a bit baggy i am thinking tops should be slim fitting? With converse maybe?

Annianni Sun 02-Mar-14 09:09:27

I bought some last month. I've been wearing them during the day with ankle boots, Superga and Ash Virgos (the latter when the sun's been out)
I've been wearing sweaters, loose tees and cardigans.
I love mine.

They also look fab with heels for a night out once in a blue moon

AndTwoBits Sun 02-Mar-14 09:11:25

Ok thanks so much! That was really helpful. I am going to google ash virgos now! I have their bea wedges but i dont think they would go.

FrugalFashionista Sun 02-Mar-14 10:42:03

I wear boyfriends constantly with suede desert boots. Brogues would work too. I like a more structured top with them, one of the hybrid sweatshirt types you can find everywhere now, or a slim-cut sweater., or a classic shirt Anything very loose, flowing or baggy paired with them can add bulk.

LadyintheRadiator Sun 02-Mar-14 11:14:45

Those of you who've bought boyfriend jeans recently, can you link and report on fit, sizing? I'm so sick of skinnies. I would wear with Superga or Nikes and have been looking at these from Clarks to try for spring.

tethersend Sun 02-Mar-14 11:16:20

Distressed boyfriend jeans?

Do they make you shag other people? grin

AndTwoBits Sun 02-Mar-14 11:29:58

I bought these. Im not sure about them on the model, but i have curves so am hoping them suit me more. Their skinnies really suit me. I will report back when i receive them.
I have brogues so might try those too. Not sure what a hybrid sweater is. Appreciate all the suggestions.

www.veromoda.com/vero-moda/jeans/kim-nw-loose-jeans-ba105-nm-noos/10097092,en_GB,pd.html?dwvar_10097092_colorPattern=10097092_DENIM&forceScope=

FrugalFashionista Sun 02-Mar-14 11:33:54

Lady I have one €€€ premium pair and the other is from H&M. I'm equally happy with both. They have no stretch so infinitely more easy to buy than skinnies! I've just bought my normal size and that's fine. The only thing you have to decide is whether you want them to feel quite fitted (size slightly down) or a bit loose, true boyfriend style. (If they are a bit loose when you first try them on, they will be looser still after you've worn them for a while). I love them, changing the jeans shape ever so slightly changes the proportions of an outfit and everything feels fresh and new. I'm also bored to death with skinnies, they are still good for slobbing around the house but I much prefer boyfriends or flares when I go out!

It's also good to remember that with boyfriends the emphasis tends to be on the ankles, so if it's not a strong point, other styles will feel more flattering!

charitygirl Sun 02-Mar-14 11:39:01

I wear mine with Ash Virgos (again), brogues (with socks, I don't care), Nike Air Max, and heeled ankle boots.

alwaysneedaholiday Sun 02-Mar-14 11:44:14

There are some on Hush's website, which are styled nicely - you could have a look for ideas.

Generally rolled up with sandals, a blazer and top.

top one here

4th row down here

mycatlikestwiglets Sun 02-Mar-14 19:49:24

My 50yo cleaner (who looks about 30 envy) turned up in some the other day, worn with converse high-tops and a slim fitting Breton top. She looked amazing. I bought some using her as inspiration but they looked crap on me sad so went back. In my head they look fab with Ash virgins and any skinny top/jumper.

Sqveeze Sun 02-Mar-14 19:55:14

You're all mentioning Ash Virgos. I just looked them up, and they're £115 plimsolls?! I don't get it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now