Talk

Advanced search

I'm 31. Can I wear this outfit?

(49 Posts)
Mumraathenoisylion Sun 02-Mar-14 08:15:00

stylefruits help much appreciated! I would wear with converse (low cut).

The outfit is for a night out with dh in London, going for a meal somewhere local to wherever our hotel is and then to the theatre but the theatre involves lots of walking and I need flats if not trainers.

I'm thinking this kind of outfit or a midi floaty kind of dress with ballet pumps? I've lost all sense of style right now. Am I on any kind of track?..help much appreciated.

I'm tall and size 10-12 (ok more on the 12 right now but in 3 weeks hopefully more 10) just below shoulder length thick hair brown with highlights and I've just come out of a long readjustment process, I've embraced the pale and am rejecting all fake tan. Any more info needed please ask and thank you!!!

Mumraathenoisylion Sun 02-Mar-14 08:15:51

I would ideally like to wear a dress because it feels a bit more special iykwim and I spend all week in jeans or the like.

SunnyL Sun 02-Mar-14 08:18:19

I would have no clue what type of bra you could wear with a dress like that. Not sure about wearing it with cons either sorry.

perplexedpirate Sun 02-Mar-14 08:22:36

IMO, that dress is wishy-washy and, you are going soon, totally wrong for the season.
I wouldn't wear Cons to meal and theatre either.
Sorry!

perplexedpirate Sun 02-Mar-14 08:23:07

* if you are going soon, I mean.

Mumraathenoisylion Sun 02-Mar-14 08:28:27

Hmmm yes you're probably right. Going the end of March, the dinner won't be a posh one and the theatre is not your usual theatre experience, it's more of a grungy warehouse theatre and there won't be any sitting down or maltesers.

Any ideas?

BillyBanter Sun 02-Mar-14 08:32:17

Drowned man?

Mumraathenoisylion Sun 02-Mar-14 08:37:24

Indeed it is shockshockgringringrinenvy

Notcontent Sun 02-Mar-14 09:38:02

Don't wear converse - wear some ankle boots.

burnishedsilver Sun 02-Mar-14 10:49:30

You'll freeze. Thats a very summery outfit. Some years you could have snow at the end of march.

perplexedpirate Sun 02-Mar-14 11:38:32

No maltesers?!
What's the point? wink

charitygirl Sun 02-Mar-14 11:40:50

Yeah - great for August (in Provence).

BillyBanter Sun 02-Mar-14 11:52:21

You will be standing and walking around for 3 hours. Wear appropriate shoes for that.

It's verrrry interesting. I think some people have been to see it several times to try to piece it all together. Enjoy!

BillyBanter Sun 02-Mar-14 11:53:16

Nothing to stop you taking maltesers. Don't resist being split up from your partner. It will give you the chance to compare notes at the end.

BillyBanter Sun 02-Mar-14 11:53:52

If it's not posh just wear jeans and a nice top.

cupoftchai Sun 02-Mar-14 12:21:12

It's a lovely dress but I'd worry I'd feel a bit exposed in it. U r on the right lines though! I'd def want to try a dress like that on before buying.
Dress and converse or boots with tights?

Mumraathenoisylion Sun 02-Mar-14 14:38:12

I think you're right, I'd probably feel a bit exposed. I'm sure in my mind I think I'm still 18 and size 8. I went to try on some dresses today and felt like a whale in them all, my legs are also a lovely shade of mottled pink with some blue veins on. So that's a no to the dress and no to bare legs and converse.

Any way I can lose 2 dress sizes in 3 weeks without starving myself/dropping a food group??

If not any dress ideas that will cover me but still be quite pretty would be great!!!

LordPalmerston Sun 02-Mar-14 15:02:02

you will FREEZE

Mumraathenoisylion Sun 02-Mar-14 15:24:17

Ok so the original idea is out...I would freeze/look ridiculous etc...

Anyone have any ideas????? Pleeease?

No jeans!

No - completely wrong for the season. You'd look silly and be very cold (and probably dripping wet too).

How about this sort of thing with a scarf and a biker jacket or pea coat/

Mumraathenoisylion Sun 02-Mar-14 16:22:41

Ok, anyone got any links to some nice dresses?

I'm not wearing it...it has been decided. Argh.

What did you think of my link? Where do you usually shop? How much do you want to spend? Have you got any other footwear than Converse?

Nice if you don't mind polyester

With opaques and flat boots plus scarf and jacket, then whip off scarf and jacket for the theatre, to reveal nice back detail.

working3jobs Sun 02-Mar-14 16:44:20

what coat/ jacket /footwear have you got?

tea dress /skater dress with boots?

BumpyGrindy Sun 02-Mar-14 16:47:03

I like Lupus' link! Gorgeous OP!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now