Talk

Advanced search

House of Colour - thought I was a Spring, turns out I am a Burnished Winter! Any others out there?

(6 Posts)
roseinwinter Sat 01-Mar-14 22:00:57

I had a colour consultation today and am feeling a bit confused! I have mousy brown hair and hazel eyes and was sure I suited peaches, corals, camel, etc but it turns out I am something called a "burnished winter". Are there any others out there? I'm not entirely sure what this means.
Oh well, at least I get to keep all the black!

mrsfox Sat 01-Mar-14 22:31:39

Me! I have brown eyes and mousey hair, pale skin and was expecting to be an autumn but like you am a burnished winter. My consultant said that the autumn colours were all too blendy with my colouring whereas the jewel colours made more of contrast. I am not complaining though - love the winter colours and I can keep all the black. Not so sure about the bright purple lipstick! Do you need to buy a whole new wardrobe now?

BingoWingsBeGone Sat 01-Mar-14 22:34:05

Not a burnished winter, but my consultant had a really long drawn out decision between 'sultry winter' (which she settled on) and 'blue Autumn'. I guess there might be quite a lot of crossover for a fair few people

Meganhunt Sat 01-Mar-14 23:04:28

Same here! Mousy hair and grey/blue eyes. I was diagnosed a Blue Autumn last year but went for a rerate and I'm a sultry winter. Much happier with the winter colours! As pp said there does seem to be some cross over between a dark autumn and winter.

QueenCadbury Sun 02-Mar-14 06:44:16

Come and join us on the winter thread

lougle Sun 02-Mar-14 07:38:39

Isn't it strange? I have brown hair (used to think it was mousey, but it is perhaps darker than that?) hazel/green eyes and pale skin. My consultant spent quite a while deciding if I was warm or cool and I came out as 'warm but only just', and a soft blue Autumn.

It just shows why we have so much trouble using the internet tests.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now