Talk

Advanced search

Anti wrinkle cream that works...

(6 Posts)
notoneforselfies Sat 01-Mar-14 21:14:51

Just looked at myself properly for the first time in the 6 weeks since DS was born and I have a large amount of brand new eye wrinkles! Managed to escape wrinkles until now (33 years old) and have never used more than a cheap moisturiser but it's time to take action. What actually works? DH surprised me with his knowledge by saying boots make the only one that is actually scientifically proven. Any idea what one, or any other gems I should try to keep the appearance of my swift decay at bay?

cardamomginger Sat 01-Mar-14 21:24:15

my consultant dermatologist recommends ROC Wrinkle Filler and Skin Ceuticals 0.5% Retinol. I use the ROC every other night and the retinol once a week and my skin has never been so smooth.

notoneforselfies Sat 01-Mar-14 21:28:52

Thanks I'll check it out

cardamomginger Sat 01-Mar-14 23:32:33

The ROC you can get in Boots and the Skin Ceuticals I got from an Ebay seller (who I have been buying from for years - nothing dodgy). My 30ml tube at one application a week (more frequently and I go red) has lasted me juts over a year. You really need the tiniest amount.

notoneforselfies Sun 02-Mar-14 11:05:34

Great - thanks for the tip!

ShotgunNotDoingThePans Sun 02-Mar-14 12:49:42

I suspect the Boots one your DH mentioned Protect and Perfect. No idea if it's any good as it made my face tight and stingy when I tried it.
Seems to sell by the ton though.

I'm finding the Bodyshop pomegranete cream is plumping my skin up (I'm 50). Not convinced anything really works on wrinkles though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now