Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Alternative to Topshop Baxters?

(8 Posts)
PetShopGirl Sat 01-Mar-14 12:29:27

I've got a pair of Topshop Baxters which I've had for a couple of years and absolutely love - great quality, dark wash, proper structured denim, really slim fitting straight leg without being too skinny. They're finally starting to look a bit tired now and when I looked at Baxters in Topshop the other day with a view to getting some more I was shocked to discover they're completely different. Really stretchy like jeggings, not to mention cheap looking. My perfect jeans I spent years searching for are no more and I am bereft sad.

So chin up and moving on, can anyone suggest something similar to my original pair? Not looking to spend megabucks, but would go up to about £75, maybe £100, for perfection. Preferably cheaper though. I also need a proper long leg (original pair were from the Tall section which I'm not even sure they've bothered putting the new Baxters into anyway).

Thank you!

LordPalmerston Sat 01-Mar-14 12:31:36

did you find they shrunk - length wise?
Strangely my black ones didnt

PetShopGirl Sat 01-Mar-14 12:48:43

No shrinkage and kept their shape really well - must have washed them hundreds of times - that's partly why I've loved them so.

LordPalmerston Sat 01-Mar-14 12:59:46

i bought ones that were too long every time
every pair ended up as 7/8ths

Mrsap Sat 01-Mar-14 16:57:27

Gap forever skinny or always skinny are good.

Lovethebubbles Sat 01-Mar-14 17:41:43

I've always loved topshop jeans too, but have recently got some vintage skinny ones from next which are a great fit and hold their shape.... They are tight though.... but I've seen them in slim leg which you might prefer.
They aren't a bad price either!

working3jobs Sat 01-Mar-14 19:40:28

got some premium skinnys from GAP outlet today, not too skinny, but more skinny than slim. £11.99 @)

PetShopGirl Sat 01-Mar-14 20:38:25

Thanks everyone. I went into Gap today and got some of their Real Straight jeans. Seemed to have a similar sort of look to my Baxters, but I guess the proof will be in the wearing/washing. It was a bit odd as my size were absolutely huge and I had to go two sizes down, but I'm not complaining! 30% off as well, which was nice.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now