Talk

Advanced search

Foundation to cover red cheeks

(22 Posts)
Mrskeylime Sat 01-Mar-14 11:15:19

Sometimes when I'm in a meeting at work my cheeks go really red. I wear tinted moister usually but need a better coverage to avoid the dreaded red face.
Any advice? Willing to pay for more expensive stuff if there's a wonder product out there.

MooMa42o Sat 01-Mar-14 11:24:41

Have you tried green tinted base cover, then standard foundation over the top?

JokersGiggle Sat 01-Mar-14 11:44:42

Double wear light foundation by estee Lauder. Best over beautiful matte make up base by no7. Lasts all day, wonderful coverage and not heavy, cake-y ect smile
Or estee Lauder smoothing creme foundation. Same account of coverage, doesn't last as long but very moisturising. Also good over the no7 base.
But you need a moisturiser under the base.......I use l'occitane immprtelle cream spf 20. Not greasy, don't use much so although its expensive it lasts a long time smile
..........i'm the queen of beauty products! Lol grin

callamia Sat 01-Mar-14 11:56:09

I have perpetual rosy cheeks due to crappy skin.
I wear a light concealer-style covering if Vichy dermablend, and a light dusting of Mac mineral powder. It makes a hell if a difference, and stays pretty much all day.

I'm interested in other people's solutions too.

FrugalFashionista Sat 01-Mar-14 12:52:43

I need foundation mainly to cover blotchy redness (sounds charming doesn't it - am rosacea prone) and mineral makeup has been the best fit for me so far. Great coverage and no 'a face full of slap' up look that I got from full coverage ELDW and Revlon Colorstay type foundations. I have also used Dermablend-type high coverage foundation in the red areas under tinted sunscreen but minerals have been even better. Some before and after pics here.

Lots of alternatives out there but I started out with the cheap Lily Lolo sample pots and have been very happy with them. Buff in with a kabuki brush, set with a mist of water (I use Avene thermal). If the coverage is not enough, do another round of buffing and put on mineral concealer with an eye shadow blending brush (basically just kaolin powder). I use moisturizer or serum or fluid sunscreen under the mineral makeup, letting it dry for 5-10 minutes before I put on the mineral foundation. Minerals can be hard to remove but I get good results with micellar water - just a few swipes with cotton and it's gone!

Anyway, hope you'll find a good solution!

Mrskeylime Sat 01-Mar-14 13:50:10

I used to wear that green tinted base in the 80's! Hadn't thought about using that.

JokersGiggle Sat 01-Mar-14 14:32:44

I tried mineral makeup but have very oily skin so looked shiney in about an hour and touching it up made it worse - and recommendations as there are days that I want a lighter look rather then a full face
Thanks smile

Mrskeylime Sat 01-Mar-14 18:08:17

I'm just looking at this site after reading a thread on money saving expert - think I'll order some samples to try. Sounds like it's suitable for rosacea so hopefully will cover my red cheeks!

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Sat 01-Mar-14 19:35:22

Revlon colour stay followed by a dab of bare minerals concealer.

goonyagoodthing Sat 01-Mar-14 19:38:04

La roche posay do a cc cream especially for rosacea, its under their rosalic range, ask for a sample first before you buy

ecofreckle Sat 01-Mar-14 19:39:51

la Roche have a cc cream especially for covering redness. I was just talking to boots lady about it yesterday. It's supposed to be good for your skin and easy to slap on, light coverage.

SauceForTheGander Sat 01-Mar-14 19:41:41

Dior primer has been a revelation

DavenotChas Sat 01-Mar-14 21:49:53

L'oreal do a cc cream for redness and it's only about a tenner. Not bad if you want light coverage,

Mrskeylime Sun 02-Mar-14 09:43:25

oh loads of great advice here smile

Mrskeylime Sun 02-Mar-14 09:45:54

saucefor the gander - which dior primer do you use? Have had a look and there are a couple. Is it the colour correction one - airflash cc?

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Sun 02-Mar-14 10:16:07

Go easy with the Loreal cc cream, it turns orange so unless you are very tanned it's a no no.

coffeeinbed Sun 02-Mar-14 15:20:59

I just got some YSL BB cream and it's brilliant.
I got the clear one and it covers redness amazingly well, looks like nothing on.

SauceForTheGander Sun 02-Mar-14 19:04:14

Mrskey*

it's this one ...

primer

SauvignonBlanche Sun 02-Mar-14 19:07:07

I find this range good.

stoopstofolly Sun 02-Mar-14 19:16:03

Clinique redness solutions foundation is excellent at covering my red face....

MuffinTumMum Sun 02-Mar-14 20:08:16

No. 7 green primer. Fab stuff.

2stopspastdagenham Sun 02-Mar-14 20:13:27

Clinique do colour correctives. I've got yellow one for redness. Works well. Can't remember £ sorry.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now