Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

M&S return due to awful fabric?

(7 Posts)
sewbee50 Sat 01-Mar-14 11:13:10

Do you think I should take back a shirt after one wash because I can't iron the ruddy thing? It creases within seconds of wearing and simply can't be ironed out. It contains cotton, elastane and polyamide and is a total mare. It cost £29.50 and I'm well within the 30days return date.

Not sure if they only take back unworn stuff.

sewbee50 Sat 01-Mar-14 11:16:15

It's this one www.marksandspencer.com/no-peep-classic-collar-corset-shirt/p/p22214123#BVRRContainer

The fabric has been mentioned but I've washed it once so not sure.

stringbean Sat 01-Mar-14 11:26:12

I'd return it on the grounds of poor quality. You expect to be able to wash and wear an item more than once, esp if it's cost you £30. It's obviously not fit for purpose.

sewbee50 Sat 01-Mar-14 11:27:58

I meant to say the fabric creasing has been pointed out in the bad reviews of it.

I think I'll do that stringbean - that's if they ask me anyway - sometimes they just take things back without question confused

sewbee50 Sat 01-Mar-14 17:35:43

They weren't interested in my moan about the fabric - they just refunded me as it was in the 35 days

AmazingJumper Sat 01-Mar-14 17:38:03

I always think of it as doing them a favour, if you don't take stuff back they won't know it's not right.

Shlurpbop Sun 02-Mar-14 15:01:07

I took back an 8 month old m&s dress recently - washed a handful of times and the fabric was literally fraying along all the seams.
They gave me a full credit note which was very lovely of them after so long!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now