Talk

Advanced search

Sephora US site now shipping to the UK

(56 Posts)
CecyHall Sat 01-Mar-14 05:53:09

As the title says really!

Shipping is £10 all in for orders over £75 and apparently someone said a few brands are excluded.

I'm quite pleased about this, mainly for the mixed brand gift boxes they do which aren't usually available in Sephora France.

KosherBacon Sat 01-Mar-14 06:16:47

Don't forget you will get taxed on the cost of the items and on the cost of postage.

Housewife2010 Sat 01-Mar-14 08:02:08

That's not true. Sephora have said "“Prices of products shipping to Japan, South Korea and UK is based on the suggested US price, including adjustments for exchange rates, customs and brokerage fees. Depending on the shipping address, the price per item will be converted to the appropriate value after selecting the country of destination during checkout. Any additional taxes and shipping charges will be displayed on the confirmation page before the order is completed. Rest assured there are no additional fees assessed upon delivery".
However, I'm not excited as I was when I first heard the news due to the number of brands excluded. I hope they will send the mixed brand boxes, but I'm not that confident that they will.

CecyHall Sat 01-Mar-14 08:13:43

Yes the more I look, the less likely the boxes look to be included.

Which means that apart from getting things on an earlier release (which doesn't massively concern me) there isn't very much that isn't available over here (excluding own brand which I just get at the Cite Europe store.)

Lighthousekeeping Sat 01-Mar-14 09:18:56

The Living Proof shampoo is miles cheaper. Hope they deliver it.

Lighthousekeeping Sat 01-Mar-14 10:05:17

The tax is about 20% I've tried it from all angles and it won't let you have any gifts with your points. God, the Clinique is so cheap!

JasmineL Sun 02-Mar-14 21:48:31

I'm so happy to read this. About time, thanks for letting us know.

Iatemyskinnyperson Sun 02-Mar-14 23:40:57

I don't get this shipping £10 for orders over 70. What if you're not spending that much? Will they tell you feck off and keep your money?

I am v interested in Lorac, they don't ship here... But I can't afford over 70 quid on makeupblush

Lighthousekeeping Sun 02-Mar-14 23:43:20

They charge you more if you spend less. I'm interested in Tarte.

Gumps Sun 02-Mar-14 23:43:46

Please tell me Make Up Forever is in this. I love it so much.

Lighthousekeeping Sun 02-Mar-14 23:44:40

www.cosmopolitan.co.uk/beauty-hair/news/trends/beauty-products/9-american-beauty-brands-we-wish-were-available-in-the-uk I want all of it!

Iatemyskinnyperson Sun 02-Mar-14 23:50:05

Lighthouse, apparently QVC are going to sell some Tarte. According to a blog I read

KosherBacon Mon 03-Mar-14 06:25:09

You can buy makeup for ever from theses two sites
http://www.gurumakeupemporium.com/epages/BT4080.mobile/?ObjectPath=/Shops/BT4080
http://www.preciousaboutmakeup.com/makeup/makeup-forever

As for buying off Sephora, you still pay the tax, sephora just add it on to the cost of your purchases at the end, rather than have the post office charge you them.

KosherBacon Mon 03-Mar-14 06:25:36

www.gurumakeupemporium.com/epages/BT4080.mobile/?ObjectPath=/Shops/BT4080
www.preciousaboutmakeup.com/makeup/makeup-forever
Oops clickable links here

AppleYumYum Mon 03-Mar-14 11:15:00

Try this UK site for a lot of the brands Sephora sell, Make Up Forever, Tarte etc: www.rosesbeautystore.com/index.php

Molecule Mon 03-Mar-14 11:32:23

Just checked the Clinique prices out and including taxes and shipping they are about 30% cheaper. Only thing is I don't need £75 worth of stuff at the moment, but shall certainly think about the site for the next time I run out of everything, or as presents for my DDs.

vix1980 Mon 03-Mar-14 11:34:07

This has made my day!!!!! Off to give my credit card a battering, thanks op grin

CecyHall Mon 03-Mar-14 11:34:58

Even taking into account tax and shipping, the mark up on the Roses site makes it more expensive that Sephora (from the test baskets I've just done anyway!)

Lighthousekeeping Mon 03-Mar-14 13:26:31

Clinique is a lot cheaper. I'm just not a massive fan. Also I've experimented and they don't seem to be posting anything in glass containers or that's too bulky. I love Laura Mercier so I need to compare.

alexheartbeauty Tue 04-Mar-14 10:55:19

Unfortunately, ordering from Sephora isn't as great as it seems. I've done a post that explains the extra costs and other drawbacks:

www.iheartbeauty.net/2014/03/sephora-shipping-to-uk-what-you-need-to.html

Lighthousekeeping Tue 04-Mar-14 13:13:10

I think I already pointed this out earlier when I said I'd tried all different methods.

alexheartbeauty Tue 04-Mar-14 20:17:32

Lighthousekeeping, yes sorry I must have missed your earlier comment. Have you made an order or decided to leave it for the time being?

Lighthousekeeping Wed 05-Mar-14 01:24:10

Well, it's cheaper than getting a flight grin but I'm not convinced it's still worth the expense. The hair products I can get from Space NK. I'm not a clinique fan and they don't seem to post anything bulky or in glass containers. I'd be more excited if Old Navy were posting for a Tenner!

TheZeeTeam Wed 05-Mar-14 01:51:48

I live in the US and shop in Sephora sporadically. I only bought the Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturiser twice from there, and I broke out both times. Which is strange, as it's my moisturiser of choice and I've used it happily with no problems since I was about 28. I still buy it, but from Nordstrom, with no problems.

Monty27 Wed 05-Mar-14 02:02:26

There's a Sephora shop in London, I think Islington or Angel. Do you have any mates around there or can you get to it?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now