Talk

Advanced search

Styles you didn't admire but have come to adopt?

(15 Posts)
FamiliesShareGerms Sat 01-Mar-14 01:06:13

Following on from the thread about styles you don't admire, what about those you didn't like at first but will admit that have grown on you?

I'll confess that I hated the quiff style hair for a good while, until I realised it suited me and worked with hair that needed a wash (not a full on teddy boy look, just where you pin back the middle section of your hair!)

I always preferred long trousers, but cropped ones have made it into my wardrobe once or twice.

What about you?

TulipOHare Sat 01-Mar-14 01:20:56

Skinny / slim / straight jeans and trousers. I realise I'm behind the game by several years grin . I have only been wearing them for the last 4 years or so.

Boyfriendy / loose / slouchy knits and jackets.

DomesticDisgrace Sat 01-Mar-14 01:22:33

Leggings!

furlinedsheepskinjacket Sat 01-Mar-14 01:23:00

uggs

JazzAnnNonMouse Sat 01-Mar-14 04:11:10

All of the above!

Basically anything new I thunk 'urgh' then it's around long enough and u somehow end up buying it... Weird

mathanxiety Sat 01-Mar-14 05:26:19

Skinny jeans, leggings and Uggs. (Always late to the party.)
I don't wear leggings as jeans though. That is one look that would not be kind to my behind.

Ankle boots!

NoGoodAtHousework Sat 01-Mar-14 05:51:02

Pretty much all of the above. Skinny jeans and leggings in particular (not leggings as trousers though that look is no good on anyone!!) I always find I decide I like a 'trend' a bit late though and can never find what I'm looking for!!

ilovethewinter Sat 01-Mar-14 06:07:59

I also hate it when people, men and women start to wear summer clothes at the slightest hint of sun, vest tops etc in March!

truelymadlysleepy Sat 01-Mar-14 06:10:42

An A line just below knee denim skirt.
Something I've always sneered at my mum wearing.
I think I've reached a 'certain age'.

ilovethewinter Sat 01-Mar-14 06:10:50

OOPS!sorry wrong thread,up too early,supposed to be getting ready for a hospital appointment!

Hopefully Sat 01-Mar-14 09:09:47

Ankle boots, rolled up jeans, studs on shoes, wedge trainers.

I am still not a massive fan of slouchy boyfriend jeans/cardigans etc for anything other than slobbing around it.

RonaldMcDonald Sat 01-Mar-14 09:12:17

Gold shoes

FamiliesShareGerms Sat 01-Mar-14 09:39:00

I laughed when boots with no toes came out. Then bought a pair a year or so later.

furlinedsheepskinjacket Sat 01-Mar-14 16:40:37

oh yesssssss studs on shoes

nude shoes

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now