Talk

Advanced search

What is the next affordable 'miracle' cream/ serum to have?

(22 Posts)
DrinkFeckArseGirls Fri 28-Feb-14 22:50:24

I tried Wish upon and Jar and it was great, I tried Lacura's Synake cream - there was some tightening tingling but what is out there now to try?

DrinkFeckArseGirls Fri 28-Feb-14 23:12:49

I'm getting ugly here hmm <taps fingers>

KosherBacon Sat 01-Mar-14 06:24:17

I know people like the new body shop vitamin e oil/ serum. Or for a little but more money trilogy rosehip oil.

alexheartbeauty Sat 01-Mar-14 09:25:54

The Trilogy one is nice initially but after a while it begins to smell a bit fishy. At least, that was my experience with it. Olay have some new products coming out next month which look good.

hellsbells99 Sat 01-Mar-14 09:46:12

Someone recommended shideido high performance eye cream to me yesterday but not tried it think she was trying to say I look a wreck

Emo76 Sat 01-Mar-14 14:00:23

House of Colour do a really amazing primer which I recently tried. Have ordered on their postage free day yesterday. Will report back!

DrinkFeckArseGirls Sat 01-Mar-14 14:13:39

I religiously use rose hip oil. Trilogy os a rip off though. I get organic rose hip oil from an eBay shop and it's £10 with postage for £100ml!

Eliza22 Sat 01-Mar-14 14:17:24

DrinkFeck I have the Trilogy Rose Hip. Is the eBay one as good? You hear so many stories about counterfeit products.

ishouldcocoa Sat 01-Mar-14 14:19:54

I'm a recent convert to Liz Earle stuff esp her cleanser and cloth - works even on my mascara!

MinginInTheRain Sat 01-Mar-14 14:25:47

Drink how do you use rose hip? Slather it on as moisturiser? Had bought some and been a bit slapdash about using so not sure of its benefits.

DrinkFeckArseGirls Sat 01-Mar-14 14:26:12

Eliza it's business, it first bought from them 6 months ago and they seem to have been around for much longer. They have soil association stamp. it stinks smells like rose hip oil and my skin is in as good condition as it was when using more expensive rose hip oils.

nkf Sat 01-Mar-14 14:28:17

I've started using caster oil. It seems okay. Cheap and you get a sort of glowing skin. I want to know what to do about laugh lines.

flippinada Sat 01-Mar-14 14:32:22

I like the Bodyshop Vit E serum in oil. Good price (esp at the moment cos they have a special offer on).

Coconutty Sat 01-Mar-14 14:35:43

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Eliza22 Sat 01-Mar-14 17:19:24

Could we have the eBay link, please? smile

DrinkFeckArseGirls Sat 01-Mar-14 18:48:57

Can't copy the link to their eBay shop as I'm on my phone but their we site is enaissance.co.uk smile

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Sat 01-Mar-14 19:33:19

Aldi, it's won awards.

Eliza22 Sat 01-Mar-14 19:54:32

Thanks !

MrsFlorrick Sat 01-Mar-14 20:23:48

Drink.
Try oils instead of expensive rip off blended oils and serum.

I get mine from Akamuti. Organic and very reasonable prices.

I use Pomegranate which is much better than rosehip for plumping and smoothing skin. Akamutis is only £4 for a very small bottle but it lasts ages.
I have recently bought the large pomegranate oil bottle (£13) as I use on crepey stomach too.

Also raspberry seed oil.

And their hazelnut oil is amazing for skin and hair.

And rice bran oil for removing make up (OCM).

Here: www.akamuti.co.uk/section/29/1/cold-pressed-oils

If you want a serum. Get Dermier pure collagen (£19.99).
It lasts ages. I've had a bottle I use several times a week for about 6 months. And you can mix it with the pomegranate oil (or whatever oil you want to use).
www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B005401H4Y

Above is all much cheaper and more effective than branded (posh) oils which are blended with cheap filler oils (almond oil or jojoba or even sunflower being the main constituent!).

thenightsky Sat 01-Mar-14 20:27:29

I've start using Eucerin products. Day and Night creams. I've notice a slight improvement in 3 or 4 months of use, which is more than I can say for anything else i've tried, including that boots protect and prevent thing, or whatever they call it.

DrankSangriaInThePark Sun 02-Mar-14 20:24:10

I also buy rosehip oil and other oils from Naissance (on ebay and Amazon, don't know if it's the same seller the other poster uses)

nickEcave Sun 02-Mar-14 20:31:37

I use Eucerin brightening day cream during the summer as it has a factor 30spf. Used it for the first time last summer and thought it was quite good. My skin can get quite greasy and spotty in the summer and it seemed a bit better when I was using Eucerin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now