Talk

Advanced search

Superdry question ( I need a waterproof coat)

(9 Posts)
70isaLimitNotaTarget Fri 28-Feb-14 18:53:23

DD is looking for a Superdry coat (I've convinced her she doesn't need a fleece lined one, she can pop a 'layer' underneath)

She wants a hip length black (with the coloured trims and zips) but are they waterproof?
Or at least weatherproof?

Any names to look for (I can sense I'll be dragged out tomorrow to look and let her try them on )

Oh joy ! wink

TIA

Capitola Fri 28-Feb-14 20:24:30

I have just bought exactly what you describe for my ds (15).

It's this Superdy, it was £85. It's water resistant and has a fleece lined hood (and a ridiculous amount of zips).

It's really nice quality.

tabulahrasa Fri 28-Feb-14 20:28:58

The waterproof ones are waterproof... lol

They do umpteen different styles, but the ones that look waterproof are if you see what I mean.

They're tiny sizes and the zips usually come off after a couple of months, I suspect that's why they have so many - they just stick spares on to save time later.

Oh and they have an ebay shop with cheaper ones on.

pseudonymity Fri 28-Feb-14 20:43:15

I asked in the shop, they are not waterproof in a technical sense. They are fashion wear.

Capitola Fri 28-Feb-14 20:54:53

Yes, they come up tiny. I bought a large, and it really isn't.

70isaLimitNotaTarget Fri 28-Feb-14 22:46:01

The coat isn't for me (I'm far too untrendy blush ) DD is a teeny weeny size 6-8 so she's an XS-S.
I need to take her to the shop to look. Some of the eBay sizes they give are a bit hiss and miss.

(I'll be stroking the fabric and trying not to look weird )

70isaLimitNotaTarget Fri 28-Feb-14 22:47:30

hiss and miss ? confused

hit and miss

(I'm watching The Last Leg and MNing (can't multi task <<sigh>> )

Serafinaaa Fri 28-Feb-14 22:55:58

My OH has a Superdry jacket. It looks and feels like a rain jacket but we found out on a recent, VERY rainy, holiday that it is showerproof rather than actually waterproof. He got soaked! I was wearing a Sprayway jacket and I was fine.

mewkins Sat 01-Mar-14 08:17:22

My friend has a supposedly waterproof one. It leaks badly at the seams. Ironic given the name!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now