Talk

Advanced search

Please recommend me some jeans similar to Gap Real Straight Jeans

(11 Posts)
Crazyhours Fri 28-Feb-14 16:02:15

I like the Gap real straight ones despite the regular being too long and the shorter version being too short

However, the major thing is that they make my bum look like it's sliding down my thighs. I think it's to do with the positioning of the pockets. Other than this they're perfect...

Can anyone please suggest a suitable alternative?

Gillybobs Fri 28-Feb-14 16:03:54

Boden straight legs are similar cut

Crazyhours Fri 28-Feb-14 20:15:52

Thanks, not sure I'm sure about them though.

Any others?

RudyMentary Fri 28-Feb-14 21:42:52

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

VerucaInTheNutRoom Fri 28-Feb-14 21:44:46

Would second Levi's straight leg. I tried Boden, they went straight back as the back pockets are small and made my big arse look even bigger than usual.

Crazyhours Fri 28-Feb-14 22:45:41

Yeah, the Boden ones look a bit...dated? Maybe it's because many of the reviews are from ladies of a certain age awaits flaming

Just looking at the Levi's page - looks good! Just wondering how to work out my 'ID'

I'm gonna order the jeans that are recommended here (those that I like the look of) and try them on at home - might post a pic of me in them here to gauge opinions...

BetterWithCheese Fri 28-Feb-14 22:51:11

H&M Straight leg?

Crazyhours Fri 28-Feb-14 22:54:45

I think the Levi's and the HM ones look a bit rigid. Maybe it's the dark denim? Looking for more of a softer denim, relaxed look, just don't want more skinny jeans - something more comfortable! But still slim in the leg.

SwedishEdith Fri 28-Feb-14 23:24:21

Uniqlo Only showing size 26 atm but am sure they'll restock similar?

RudyMentary Sat 01-Mar-14 08:30:50

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Crazyhours Sun 09-Mar-14 20:20:06

Thanks for the Levi's suggestion - I went to their store today and got a great pair of black slim jeans - really, really pleased! They are lovely and soft and have totally changed for the better since I last went there (circa 1997!)

I bought the same pair in blue too, but when I got them home DH said my arse looked flat and he wasn't wrong blush. The black jeans must be more forgiving somehow. Since I don't want to be only able to wear black jeans forever, the hunt for those perfect elusive blue jeans continues.

Any jeans/brands particularly good at creating the illusion of a nice round peachy perky juicy bum? I don't want flat pancake mum bum!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now