Talk

Advanced search

Best cashmere cardigans

(11 Posts)
mckenzie Fri 28-Feb-14 14:04:36

I about to invest in 2 ready for the spring /summer and would love to have some recommendations before I fork out.
I'd like light grey and off white/cream. I did order the M&S one which was lovely but the grey was too dark. There's was £75.
Are there better options maybe?
TIA

boogiewoogie Fri 28-Feb-14 14:26:18

Have you tried Woolovers? They have dozens of styles in a rainbow of colours. Good value for money as well. Here

Mumelie Fri 28-Feb-14 14:38:16

I really rate the Boden cropped cashmere ones. Usually you can find a 10/15/20% code knocking around so never pay full price. You can often get free delivery & returns too. I have 4 and they wash really well. My black one is the oldest at 4 years and still looks like new!

Floisme Fri 28-Feb-14 14:40:05

I have a couple of cropped length ones from both Boden and Pure Collection; they must be at least 5 years old and they're still going strong. Mind you, I've seen posts that say the quality isn't as good now.

I like John Lewis too but the cardis are always too long for me. I've tried supermarket cashmere and I wouldn't do it again. I'd love a Brora one but, even in the sales, they're out of my league.

mckenzie Fri 28-Feb-14 15:31:08

thanks guys. I like the look of the Boden ones - just need to find a discount code then i'll try one.

mckenzie Fri 28-Feb-14 15:35:17

Floisme, Brora have a warehouse clearance sale on until tonight!

pseudonymity Fri 28-Feb-14 15:43:11

I really rate the pure collection ones, as good as Brora I would say. I don't think the quality has gone down at all.

Floisme Fri 28-Feb-14 16:39:30

mckenzie, thanks for the tip - I'll go and take a look!

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Fri 28-Feb-14 16:52:11

Woolovers! Very good ime.

Snowdown Fri 28-Feb-14 17:05:17

Not sure what criteria people apply when they gauge quality of cashmere but I find my pure cardigan creases easily and looks grubby by the end of the day, whereas the cashmere I bought from uniqlo looks as good at the end of the day as it did at the start. I use it as a lounging house cardigan now. I wouldn't buy another.

mckenzie Fri 28-Feb-14 21:45:46

Thanks for the extra posts. I'm spoilt for choice now!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now