Talk

Advanced search

Product build up in hair

(7 Posts)
LunchLadyWannabe Fri 28-Feb-14 00:23:02

Hello, im hoping someone can advise me here....

When i wash my hair and straighten it, my hair feels greasy even though its only been washed within the hour.

I dont use any styling products or finishing creams etc.

Does my hair have product build up?

Is there any shampoos to get rid of it?

alltoomuchrightnow Fri 28-Feb-14 01:07:16

i use washing up liquid once a month. Doesn't harm, if use a lot of conditioner on the ends. Mine can feel greasy still after washing.. or at least within hours..
So.. I only use a shampoo that is suitable.. never one for dry or coloured hair, as it drags it down (even when hair is coloured, or ends are dry)
Only ones to work for me re making it less lank and to keep it fresher for longer, are Lush's I Love Juicy, or Rehab
When hair is dry I blast on some dry shampoo to make it feel cleaner for longer , I do the same before bed as well to keep it fresher in the night
You're not getting any conditioner on scalp?
Also use cooler water
Too hot stimulates grease
I always wash hair in lukewarm , tons of rinsing then finish with cold rinse

alltoomuchrightnow Fri 28-Feb-14 01:07:36

also if i fiddle with hair too much it doesn't help with grease buildup

alltoomuchrightnow Fri 28-Feb-14 01:08:03

if none of this works.. could it be fungal??
i mean, if you totally blowdried your scalp.. does it still feel damp ish?

cloudskitchen Fri 28-Feb-14 06:34:05

Wash it with a clarifying shampoo once in a while. Paul Mitchell do one but I think you can probably get them in boots. Be careful if you colour your hair though as can fade the colour.

FrugalFashionista Fri 28-Feb-14 06:51:36

I tried some natural shampoos that did contain a lot of oils and they made my hair feel dirty right after washing. I have to use oil free shampoos to avoid greasiness. Wella do some great shampoos that are perfect for my hair.

If you use a heat protector when you are straightening, it's basically conditioner and can leave a greasy feel too.

GummiBear74 Fri 28-Feb-14 06:56:51

I've always had a problem with build-up, but found that just having two completely different sets of shampoo and conditioner on the go and alternating between them prevents it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now