Talk

Advanced search

Swears by - boys school trousers recommended?

(11 Posts)
NumptyMum Wed 26-Feb-14 22:14:54

I am SURE I remember seeing a recent Mumsnet Swears By email where some boys school trousers were recommended - and now of course I can't find that email anywhere. Please please can someone point me in the right direction? I think the trousers were Next ones, but other than that I have no idea... anyone else remember what they might be? 6yo DS has just gone through the knee of the M&S ones we have; they've not lasted badly, but thought I'd look around.

nicky2512 Wed 26-Feb-14 22:16:55

Didn't see that, but if it is any help I have been buying Club 1880 school trousers for my 8 year old and they are great. They wear really well.

ilovepowerhoop Wed 26-Feb-14 22:19:50

Tesco and Next have been good for ds

meditrina Wed 26-Feb-14 22:20:56

I don't remember th recommendation you're after.

But wanted to say that ASDA ones are good, and so cheap that they're worth a try if only do thar reason.

BikeRunSki Wed 26-Feb-14 22:24:11

Ds wore through the knees of Asda ones in half a term. The Next slim fit ones with combat pockets look good as new a term and a half later.

NumptyMum Wed 26-Feb-14 22:29:40

Thanks - I think Next were the ones in Swears By, what's your experience of them? Last year we had 3 pairs of M&S ones which somehow managed to last until after Easter; but this year with 4 pairs, one has gone already at the knee. Do the other ones mentioned last pretty well? The other thing I like about the M&S trousers is that I don't have to iron get away without ironing them (can't stand ironing...). Any trousers in this house have to look good with careful drying/folding grin.

IwishIwasmoreorganised Wed 26-Feb-14 22:31:18

Stick with shorts - they can falls over as often as they like!

NumptyMum Wed 26-Feb-14 22:34:26

Reviews on Next combat ones look good - No Ironing Needed! grinthanks might just give them a try. Cheers ladies wine.

NumptyMum Wed 26-Feb-14 22:35:04

(or even gents, never thought to ask...)

cloudskitchen Wed 26-Feb-14 22:37:53

I always buy Next ones. My son is a football fiend and he hasn't gone through a pair yet. Slim fit jeans style for us.

plentyofsoap Thu 27-Feb-14 06:54:47

I was not impressed by next, which was a surprise. However, I have heard very good reviews about bhs so I will try there next.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now