Talk

Advanced search

Pale, veiny legs...spring/summer approaches :o(

(21 Posts)
u32ng Wed 26-Feb-14 19:51:17

Is there anything I can do to make my legs fit for public viewing?? That doesn't involve the faff of fake tan? (Don't want to be tanned, just want ok looking legs)

They are pale which I could deal with, if they weren't so damned veiny!! Not varicose, just SO green & visible. I don't own any skirts & dressed are ALWAYS worn with tights.

What can I do??

TwoNoisyBoys Wed 26-Feb-14 19:56:25

Sorry, nothing helpful to add but watching with interest as I'm EXACTLY the same. I sometimes feel like I hate summer for this reason....... hmm

Tigerlily14 Wed 26-Feb-14 20:03:25

Not sure if you would think it a bit of a faff but that Sally Hansen Airbrush Legs is amazing for covering blotches and blemishes. It's like makeup for legs! The one I have goes on quite dark though as I put fake tan on too but think there might be different shades. I often see it in cheaper shops like bodycare, home bargains and b&m too for a cheaper price.

MissBeehiving Wed 26-Feb-14 20:05:21

Sally Hansen airbrush legs light glow. Brilliant stuff. Look very natural- not tan. Spray on and rub with a mitt. Usually in offer at Tesco or Boots

AnaisB Wed 26-Feb-14 20:06:25

I second sally hansen airbrush legs I have the palest
one.

JohnGilpinsWife Wed 26-Feb-14 20:09:55

I use This Works Perfect Legs Skin Miracle. It's fantastic - gives smooth, even, silky finish to my scaly shins and smells amazing.

NormHonal Wed 26-Feb-14 20:11:31

My legs are like this too, but I found the Sally Hansen stuff way too dark. Maybe I applied it wrong?

CMOTDibbler Wed 26-Feb-14 20:15:52

I like the Sally Hansen too - so quick to put on with a mitt

MissBeehiving Wed 26-Feb-14 20:27:48

There are different colours of Sally Hansen?

Snowdown Wed 26-Feb-14 20:29:56

I posted about this last year and got the same advice Sally Hansen, legs are almost blue they are so white, but Sally Hansen did the job, a subtle cover up - I would have chosen the palest shade.

Passmethecrisps Wed 26-Feb-14 20:31:40

I have the same legs - transparent.

Does the Sally Hansen stuff stay on ok or does it end up on people's sofas?

LaTrucha Wed 26-Feb-14 20:36:24

Has anyone tried that on their arms?

pluCaChange Wed 26-Feb-14 20:43:49

Fishnet tights! Colours like pink and beige offer some colouring to white-legged spiders without being too crazy; they're light to wear and prevent skirts from sticking to legs or bottoms in the summer... er... summer heat.

Fluffycloudland77 Wed 26-Feb-14 20:49:42

I use airbrush legs on my arms too....you can get body foundation too.

Stockhausen Wed 26-Feb-14 20:51:05

I've been known to mix foundation with body lotion, does the same job smile

Stockhausen Wed 26-Feb-14 20:54:09

Especially handy for using up too dark foundation

LaTrucha Wed 26-Feb-14 21:13:24

I have a bottle of clinique that looked perfect in the shop and shocking at home, so I will try that, thanks.

Does mean you get foundation all over your clothes though?

Does the Sally Hansen do that?

TwoNoisyBoys Wed 26-Feb-14 21:14:22

Looks like Airbrush Legs is the next thing I purchase because of Mumsnet then smile

Stockhausen Wed 26-Feb-14 21:20:32

I only put in on lower legs, where skin shows smile

CMOTDibbler Wed 26-Feb-14 21:21:06

Sally Hansen needs soap to shift it - I've never had any transfer issues

u32ng Thu 27-Feb-14 06:24:55

Thanks for suggestions (& that I'm not the only one who worries about this!)
Yeah I tried the foundation/moisturiser thing last year but the transfer was baaaad!

I used to have Sally Hansen stuff but found I could probably have done with a bit more coverage. And I felt it was a smidge too dark. Maybe I'll go & see if they have a lighter colour now...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now