Talk

Advanced search

Pinterest - finding my style

(10 Posts)
sewbee50 Wed 26-Feb-14 19:18:22

I now have a pinterest board but not sure how it helps me blush Do I just put 'navy blazer' in the search box and pin pics I like?

How does it work when you're at the learning to find your style stage?

I think I'm a classic/neat/tailored person with a nod to pencil skirts and a wish for dresses - what dresses should I search for?

Thanks smile

VodkaRevelation Wed 26-Feb-14 19:22:43

You don't just pin from Pinterest (though you can and from that you can find and follow pinners with similar style), you can pin things you like from websites you are browsing so you can easily link to them again/ create a wish list etc.

AphraBehn Wed 26-Feb-14 19:39:56

I would start by going into the women's fashion subsection and pinning anything that catches your eye. You will probably start to see a pattern of styles or colours emerging.

You can then start to hone in on specific items.

Annianni Wed 26-Feb-14 19:41:45

I'm on pin (same name as on here) and I pin things I've bought, things I want to buy, outfits from favourite blogs, magazines etc, and when you pin something like that, you see what other people have pinned too... Pinterest suggests new pins for you (hope that makes sense)

Annianni Wed 26-Feb-14 19:43:31

Are there any celebs you like the style of?
You could search for them too.

I usually look for GP pins

sewbee50 Wed 26-Feb-14 19:49:03

What's a GP pin? confused

Thanks, I will see if I can improve my pinning skills! blush

Aquelven Wed 26-Feb-14 20:23:52

I'm still learning how to se it too.
Can someone tell me please how to remove a pin on iPad. I have a number of pins that have appeared without me putting them there & I would like to delete them but can't fathom out how!
I googled but it said hover over it till "edit" comes up but it doesn't confused

Aquelven Wed 26-Feb-14 20:24:32

Use, not se blush

sewbee50 Wed 26-Feb-14 21:01:11

Sometimes the pins that I haven't put on are there because of my following people. Is that it maybe? On the front page?

You and I are style pin twins aquelven - we're equally hopeless grin

Annianni Wed 26-Feb-14 21:01:32

GP is Gwyneth P.

I'm not on an iPad but I delete by going onto edit, delete then comes up.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now