Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Majirel hair Dye, going from Highlights hopefully to a Brunette Coloour

(8 Posts)
HeyhonearlySummer Wed 26-Feb-14 12:29:00

Hi, I was wondering have anyone any advice about this, I was thinking on Majirel 6.35 or 6.34 and would that mean I would need a base 6 with it as well.

I know I have to put Red back into my hair, at the minute it's Highlights growing out with brown roots and some grey through it blush

I'm not sure if I should put some other colour on before the colour I'm thinking on, like a red one or something.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated smile

HeyhonearlySummer Wed 26-Feb-14 19:31:51

Just bumping this in the hope someone has some advice, so I could buy the Colours online tonight or tomorrow smile

TisTheSeasonToBeUnreasonable Wed 26-Feb-14 20:58:07

I have no advice but I am eagerly awaiting someone else posting some!!! I have brown hair with bleached highlights through which I now detest (done in nov) and so tomorrow am attempting to use a semi permanent red followed by a chocolate brown in an attempt to avoid khaki highlights hmm

sewbee50 Wed 26-Feb-14 21:04:40

I use 5.00 with a splash of 5.12 to give me a dark brown ashy tone if that helps.

ygritte Wed 26-Feb-14 21:19:46

I did semi-perm L'Oreal light ash brown and it worked perfectly.I had been looking at L'Oreal inoa charts but couldn't be bothered with the effort and knew I could go back to my hairdresser in an emergency. No red needed and no khaki colour.
I have however had terrible results a few years back with a L'Oreal chocolate semi perm which ended up fully marmalade.

ygritte Wed 26-Feb-14 21:21:55

BTW the L'Oreal semi-perm completely covered the highlights but is not so good on the greys.

TisTheSeasonToBeUnreasonable Wed 26-Feb-14 22:03:22

Oh no.... I was under the impression ash colours would result in khaki so had to go with red first then choc brown sad

Evizza Thu 27-Feb-14 15:33:09

Ash colours can lead to Khaki green hair so the best way to ensure that doesn't happen is to go with a colour with warmer tones. My hair is currently a very ashy blonde but I am fed up of the contrast with my roots every couple of weeks so I am going to do as I have done in the past and go to a dark honey blonde - 7.3 - as the golden tones prevent the dreaded green hair!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now