Advanced search

hair help please? Perms?

(9 Posts)
kotinka Wed 26-Feb-14 10:30:24

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

kotinka Wed 26-Feb-14 17:26:17

TwoNoisyBoys Wed 26-Feb-14 21:28:43

My hair isn't particularly fine, but it does go annoyingly flat. I use root volume spray and blast it with the hairdryer, and that does help. Another trick I use sometimes is to kind of 'kink' my roots with my GHD's....and that can work really well sometimes...(but to be honest a lot of the time my hair seems to have a mind of it's own, as I can use exactly the same techniques on two consecutive days and have completely different results!!)

Rommell Wed 26-Feb-14 21:30:55

My God you people don't know how lucky you are. I have mad curls that make me look like fucking Einstein and I would pay very good money to have hair that was flat.

Sorry, no advice but just wanted to get that off my chest and reassure you that there are people looking at your hair with envy.

cocobongo Wed 26-Feb-14 22:15:20

Try this for volume at the roots, oomph powder. Just put some on your fingers or directly onto the roots then kind of massage in and plump up at the same time. If you feel your hair flattenning during the day, just rub your fingers into the roots again to give lift. There are some tutorials on youtube of how to use it.

And, if it doesn't work- well, it was only £4.19 (and is on 3 for 2 right now).....

kotinka Wed 26-Feb-14 23:04:25

BeaHive Thu 27-Feb-14 06:46:38

Why not forget about giving volume to the root and concentrating on the ends instead (not explaining this well!). So leave it smooth on top but use rollers or curling tongs to style/give emphasis to the rest of your hair.

BeaHive Thu 27-Feb-14 06:49:12

Poster on another thread says root perm ruined her hair.

kotinka Thu 27-Feb-14 09:02:23

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now